Unpopular Opinions (Wrestling Edition)

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
tumblr_m4rrp0bOCB1r0sxr7o1_400.gif

Homie don't play dat, and you KNOW what I mean!

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I couldn't have given any less of a poo about Shane and Miz until Fastlane. I had paid so little attention to it I just kept waiting to read 'Miz turns on Shane!" Didn't for second consider Shane being the one to turn heel. As a result i'm slightly more interested now, because their match at Mania will have a completely different dynamic to the predictable garbage I thought we would be getting.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Kofi is fortunate the New Day shtick came along. Was as memorable as Evan Bourne prior.

Nobody gets to be Steve Blackman or Al Snow or X-Pac or Ken Shamrock or Christian anymore. WWE focus almost exclusively on the upper card (and more recently the women's equivalent). Lowercarders and midcarders get zero. Jobber entrances and wrestle for the sake of wrestling. No story. No meaning.

Heath Slater could've been pre-2005 Jericho. Instead he's ******* nothing.

Last edited:
Heath Slater could've been pre-2005 Jericho. Instead he's ******* nothing.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here---

Even pre-2005 Chris Jericho was always one of the top 6-8 guys on the roster/brand.

If we look at Raw & Smackdown now-- they still have regular (as in as often as Blackman, Al Snow, etc. got back in the Attitude Era) storylines for the top 6-8 guys on a show.

Raw-- Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Balor, McIntyre, Corbin, Lashley, Elias
Smackdown- Bryan, Styles, Orton, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Mysterio, Kofi, Ali

On which brand at any stage in the past few years could Heath Slater have been one of those major talents?

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm going to have to disagree with you here---

Even pre-2005 Chris Jericho was always one of the top 6-8 guys on the roster/brand.

If we look at Raw & Smackdown now-- they still have regular (as in as often as Blackman, Al Snow, etc. got back in the Attitude Era) storylines for the top 6-8 guys on a show.

Raw-- Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Balor, McIntyre, Corbin, Lashley, Elias
Smackdown- Bryan, Styles, Orton, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, Mysterio, Kofi, Ali

On which brand at any stage in the past few years could Heath Slater have been one of those major talents?

Some of these guys, I can't remember a full sentence of anything they've said in the last 5 years. It's big blur.

Some of these guys, I can't remember a full sentence of anything they've said in the last 5 years. It's big blur.

If you can’t remember a promo that Samoa Joe has done in the past 6-8 months— that’s on you, not on the WWE product.

I can think of numerous good character promos by Samoa Joe in his rivalry with Styles, with Jeff Hardy and in the lead up to the Elimination Chamber.

Heath Slater debuted in 2010.

WWE thought so highly of him he main evented SummerSlam ;)

Does that mean the WWE once thought highly of Mitch, Mikey & Johnny of the Spirit Squad??

They once mainevented a PPV too as part of the Spirit Squad.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rollins needs to drop the title to Drew shortly after WM. No one cares about him.

This will be the best time to build someone fresh for Universal contention up against Drew.

Should be someone from SD.

INB4 it's just Reigns.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
This might not be THAT unpopular but I never see people mention it - but I HATE the use of social media in the industry today. Like look at WWE, always using social media platforms to announce and create things. Matches and future events should be made or alluded to in segments of the show. But nah - complain about it being hard to write for a 3 hour show, but they're the same clowns writing wrestlers to speak more on Twitter than through a microphone on television.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
This might not be THAT unpopular but I never see people mention it - but I HATE the use of social media in the industry today. Like look at WWE, always using social media platforms to announce and create things. Matches and future events should be made or alluded to in segments of the show. But nah - complain about it being hard to write for a 3 hour show, but they're the same clowns writing wrestlers to speak more on Twitter than through a microphone on television.

I'd like it if WWE were consistent with whether it means something, but they're not. Vince/writers ignore most of it.

agree, the most important parts should be on tv, not where you have to seek them out to invest in it

Back