Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
Our national anthem was better before it had that stupid intro that the AFL always play. Sounds like Star Wars is about to begin.
Really? I love the anthem that is played at the footy. Julie Anthony sings it so well, and the backing music gets me pumped up for whatever I'm doing. If anyone's interested, this is the one the AFL uses:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larry Barnsworth

Playing my Natural Game
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have memories of singing AAF at primary school too. Including 2nd verse. What's weird though is this link says it was 1984 when AAF became the official national anthem. http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs251.aspx
And I was in high school by 1984

Have no memory of singing God Save the Queen at school though. So I dunno. Memory can screw with you. Maybe schools started signing it before the final ruling? Maybe I'm imagining the memory. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe it's merging memories? Dunno. I'm gonna stop talking now

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #3,298
I have memories of singing AAF at primary school too. Including 2nd verse. What's weird though is this link says it was 1984 when AAF became the official national anthem. http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs251.aspx
And I was in high school by 1984

Have no memory of singing God Save the Queen at school though. So I dunno. Memory can screw with you. Maybe schools started signing it before the final ruling? Maybe I'm imagining the memory. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe it's merging memories? Dunno. I'm gonna stop talking now
I remember singing God Save the Queen in primary school

Top Bottom