Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
How did you end up in Perth if a NZer? Could of ended up literally anywhere else closer?

Back to thread: I reckon National Anthems are a waste of time. Mostly just designed by committee anyway and the real ones always seem to be an unofficial song.

e.g. Australia's should be Waltzing Matilda, NZs' that Na Na Na song and UK's Jerusalem.
I know there’s not many words but I’d go for Great Southern Land.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tattoos@ work. Honestly depends on the job. If you're working with clients/sales or interacting with outsiders than a no. Image becomes important and it is up to the business or company to set the direction they want in promoting themselves.

Otherwise if you are in a back office somewhere and/or work in research/ are not dealing with anyone wear whatever the hell you want. Tattoos and all as it makes no difference to your ability to do the job.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sporting 1. While Tomic should've kept his trap shut I do agree with part of what he said on Hewitt. He is either retired or isn't and as Captain/Coach whatever they call it he shouldn't be playing at the expense of his players. If he wants to play come out of retirement and relinquish your role.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Tattoos@ work. Honestly depends on the job. If you're working with clients/sales or interacting with outsiders than a no. Image becomes important and it is up to the business or company to set the direction they want in promoting themselves.

Otherwise if you are in a back office somewhere and/or work in research/ are not dealing with anyone wear whatever the hell you want. Tattoos and all as it makes no difference to your ability to do the job.
Sales in anything to do with the building, construction, engineering industries a tattoo is almost a prerequisite.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Eagles
Surely the world has moved on to a point where nobody gives a shit about someone having tattoos by now? Would you seriously not buy a house/car/whatever because the sales guy had tattoos?

I'd buy a car off this bloke if it was the right place, couldn't care less what he looked like.

1547516097560.png

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #3,345
You see plenty of guys in shirt, suit pants with the sleeves rolled up with ink in town.

Neck, face and hands is still pretty rough in a corporate setting but arms is fine though most people guys will roll the sleeves down for customer meetings.

Not sure why getting a tattoo is unprofessional Cruyff14 this isn't the 1950s

AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely the world has moved on to a point where nobody gives a shit about someone having tattoos by now? Would you seriously not buy a house/car/whatever because the sales guy had tattoos?

I'd buy a car off this bloke if it was the right place, couldn't care less what he looked like.

View attachment 605435
Guaranteed this bloke is selling an XE Falcon in "good condition" that only require a new head gasket to be running.

Top Bottom