Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably not an unpopular opinion, but I hate when thread bumps mean that the thread opens on page 1. I just started reading through and liking stuff from page 1 :tired:
That's where jump to new comes in handy

Obnoxious anti-vegans are just as annoying as vegans.

People making racist comments on social media shouldn't be newsworthy. Part of me thinks the people who make the comments enjoy the attention that they receive, also I doubt the players in question are even aware of it until it blows up.
It doesn't really matter whether their intention is just to get attention or if they are actually racist. The effect is the same. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept- if you let it be it will keep happening, however small.
It's also about education. You want to teach young people why posting about monkeys or bananas to an indigenous player is offensive, not just that it is offensive. West Coast did this really well with a video they put out a few weeks ago about Liam Ryan.
If kids see their heroes standing up for their indigenous teammates, they are more likely to call it out when they see it in the schoolyard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if you let your dog lick me I am entitled to kick you both in the head.

Wanting to do well with the opposite sex is more for the ego boost than anything else

No it isn't. And here is my unpopular opinion:

Never get the dudes who brag about how much sech they're getting or all the gossip over whos doing who or all the drama stories. Ultimately who's sex life are you ultimately worried about?

I'd hate to be in a fight these days, not that I ever knew what to do in one anyway.

Never know who is going to coward punch you or kick you in the head when you are in the ground. Too many agro MMA watching dickheads around.

Well coward punches don't happen in MMA cause you protect yourself at all times and soccer kicks were banned a long time ago. I didn't think MMA fans in general were like this, i've been to quite a few shows (UFC and local) and have never seen a fight in the crowd or outside.

Well coward punches don't happen in MMA cause you protect yourself at all times and soccer kicks were banned a long time ago. I didn't think MMA fans in general were like this, i've been to quite a few shows (UFC and local) and have never seen a fight in the crowd or outside.
Pubs though...lots there.

After a Macgregor fight...the Irish twats will always cause a scene

People don't fight in public under sanctioned MMA rules.

Banned in the UFC, Bellator and other NA companies that use the United Rules of MMA. Still legal in other orgs that don't use them rules and outside of the US. One FC being the main one I can think of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back