Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larry Barnsworth

Playing my Natural Game
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It was originally a campaign to promote a local supermarket chain that stocked local produce. Coles and Woolies tended to import a large proportion of their produce from outside the state, which was ultimately having a negative effect on smaller local businesses and producers.

In reality not much different from Dick Smith
Does Adelaide still have the thing where most shops can't open on Sundays but Foodland can?

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting this morning reading that Woolies have decided to end their 8 year price war with Coles and moving to towards normal pricing of milk.

How would you feel as dairy farmer who sent to the wall over these corporate tactics? They aren’t much different to the banks when it comes to ethics.
The other thing about Adelaidians: they are quite sensitive about their parochialism!

Shell

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
I swear to god in Year 7 Geography they were doing some quiz.. one q was "What is the worlds most liveable city?" And the student put Melbourne.

Then for "What is the worlds least liveable city" she put Adelaide.

I'm not even joking :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
I swear to god in Year 7 Geography they were doing some quiz.. one q was "What is the worlds most liveable city?" And the student put Melbourne.

Then for "What is the worlds least liveable city" she put Adelaide.

I'm not even joking :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Adelaide is a cool place, I've been there a lot for both business and pleasure, they just have a chip on their shoulder a lot, little brother syndrome, similar to NZ but the Kiwis don't have it quite as bad imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bullshitter"
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
At least in Port Moresby and Johannesburg you can own firearms and shoot intruders (well, you know, fire a warning shot into the ceiling afterwards)

Top Bottom