Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that and am not saying it is a panacea but it needs to be part of an overall strategy. Especially in Winter months.
Backburning is what they do when there is an active bushfire and they are trying to deal with it by removing the fuel in its path before it gets there.

Prescribed burning is what they do in winter to reduce fuel loads.

They do a lot of it. Winter was super dry this year, even so over half the burns applied for went ahead. Those that didn't were stopped because of conditions. They weren't safe to do.

Even so there was a lot of complaints in NSW a few months ago about the smoke pollution from those burns.

Now people are complaining not enough of those burns were done.

No point starting a fire that's got a high chance of destroying property or livestock. That's the main reason they don't allow some of the burns to go ahead

Add to that for the big bushfires we've been seeing it makes * all difference as these buggers are getting fuelled by the extreme heat and winds, they just rip straight through the low fuel areas and keep going.

There is no quick and easy fix for this. Admitting climate change is impacting this and needs to be dealt with and that we have to adapt to this being the future is a good starting point.

Preparing better for next season, preparing for another bad season and being ready to act would be a good start.

so many people complain about the smoke during preventative burns its not funny. they just dont see the bigger picture until something like this happens
It's more about wanting to talk about anything but climate change, look at that lardy yoghurt of a PM we have still lying about meeting Paris obligations "in a canter" and being world leaders in climate change action all while just dismissing a report out of hand as "not credible" that says the exactly the opposite.

People who blame the Greens (i.e. the political party) for lack of controlled burns etc. have NFI. They are good at sanctimonious Twitter posts but really have very little actual power at any level of govt.

The issue (other than weather conditions, you can plan all you want but if it's dry and windy you won't start a "controlled" burn) is green tape.

People who blame the Greens (i.e. the political party) for lack of controlled burns etc. have NFI. They are good at sanctimonious Twitter posts but really have very little actual power at any level of govt.

The issue (other than weather conditions, you can plan all you want but if it's dry and windy you won't start a "controlled" burn) is green tape.

:laughing:

green tape isn't real, dip s**t. Made up term big business, IPA, et al use instead of We don't want any regulation because * you, when species go extinct and people die that's just the free market.

so many people complain about the smoke during preventative burns its not funny. they just dont see the bigger picture until something like this happens
The smoke isn't great though. Does damage itself.

The Greens aren't against prescribed burning so it's bullshit blaming them, also funny when the party in power blames them for laws that weren't put in place by the Greens who've never been in power.

I'd love to know what green tape means though

Green tape is just red tape for environmental related things. Do people think that we don't live in a society full of red tape, or that it just doesn't apply to environmental stuff?

People have been pretty quick to jump on board the 'Greens/greenies support hazard reduction' train. If the Greens and greenies support hazard reduction burning then the Coalition/ALP believe in climate change and are committed to reducing Australia's emissions.

Green tape is just red tape for environmental related things. Do people think that we don't live in a society full of red tape, or that it just doesn't apply to environmental stuff?

People have been pretty quick to jump on board the 'Greens/greenies support hazard reduction' train. If the Greens and greenies support hazard reduction burning then the Coalition/ALP believe in climate change and are committed to reducing Australia's emissions.
Red tape is red tape, you were just having a little swipe at the greens while pretending not to.

Find me the policy enacted by the greens that is causing the bushfires and blocking safe prescribed burning.

and cattle farmers in drought dont want to burn their dry grass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red tape is red tape, you were just having a little swipe at the greens while pretending not to.

Dry your tears. Note how Greens has a capital G and green/greens does not? The Australian Greens don't have a monopoly on everything green.

Find me the policy enacted by the greens that is causing the bushfires and blocking safe prescribed burning.

Bomberboy-esque. :rolleyes:

I guess if you put something on the internet it means it's all true.

Dry your tears. Note how Greens has a capital G and green/greens does not? The Australian Greens don't have a monopoly on everything green.

Bomberboy-esque. :rolleyes:
Got any proof that your suggestion is true or are you just another w***er parroting the bullshit

SMEs in resource, energy and waste intensive industries will be at the greatest risk of increased costs of compliance in a tighter regulatory environment; NSW is the most prolific regulator with 68 Acts relating to environment passed since 1986, almost equal to the other states combined (84 Acts) and surpassing new Commonwealth legislation (19 Acts); the debate over climate change is a clear driver of such growth (taken on by COAG in 2006); local governments (across Australia) continue to impose stricter environmental conditions in their planning controls, which will impact SMEs; an emerging trend of 'vicarious liability' where the corporation is deemed to have breached an act through the actions of one of its directors or managers, and 'strict liability' where an offence can be imposed without proof of fault or intent is tightening the burdens on business.

Some examples of increasing green tape highlighted by the study included: environmental planning instruments (EPIs) like LEPs that can create a complex and confusing development process of overlapping requirements; and the beginning of extended producer responsibility where producers take greater responsibility for managing the environmental impact of their products throughout their life.

There's no such thing as green tape. It's a Murdoch conspiracy.

If you want to burn off your property just do it. The Greens will get behind you...

There's no such thing as green tape. It's a Murdoch conspiracy.

If you want to burn off your property just do it. The Greens will get behind you...
Ah yes and where in there does it say that greenies are stopping prescribed burning?

Where does it say anything about greenies?

Support for Liverpool FC is almost cult like in Australia.

It seems to be the trendy team to go for and I don't know why. (extending beyond their dominant run this year)

They were the biggest and most successful side in the 70s and 80s, when coverage of English soccer here greatly expanded and a lot of people adopted them as their first team. Their kids have followed

My brother picked them for me as I wasnt interested enough to pick a team and they were playing his team on TV at the time so it was them

Still cant say Ive watched more than 2 or 3 of their games in my whole life, 1 of which was live when I was in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back