Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Drew Brees thing, it does appear he does finally understand the problem with his statement (and he was continuing to perpetuate the incorrect belief that kneeling during the anthem was ever about the flag)

"white community"

Lets create even more divides.

It is, but it's also different to grabbing a woman (by the pussy or otherwise). There's always some people who want make it out to be sexual, when really it's just weird private school boy/footy club behaviour.
Weird stereotype, public school boys that don't play footy do it too.

It is, but it's also different to grabbing a woman (by the pussy or otherwise). There's always some people who want make it out to be sexual, when really it's just weird private school boy/footy club behaviour.
It's weird in a sexual way.

I don't care how bogans spin it, there's a sexual element toward grabbing a utensil and balls.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I don't care how bogans spin it, there's a sexual element toward grabbing a utensil and balls.

Are they sexually frustrated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m usually the last person to buy into the PC madness line and frankly I can see how the behaviour is both weird and problematic but honestly... every teenage boy did weird s**t like this when I was a teenager. If anything it was more common in the schoolyard than the footy locker room. If the “victims” had an issue with it then there is absolutely a problem but Hugh Rimmington (appropriate surname) trying to paint it as a sexual assault or racial issue is a reeeeal stretch.

A lot of ex footy players (from bygone eras) have stated they never saw or partook in that in their day. Not sure which school they went to though

A lot of ex footy players (from bygone eras) have stated they never saw or partook in that in their day. Not sure which school they went to though

A lot of players say they never did a lot of things. Before cameras in change rooms and iPhones at pubs they weren’t caught doing any of it.

You’re choice if you believe them, having been around footy clubs at a lot of different levels for a while I call bullshit.

A lot of players say they never did a lot of things. Before cameras in change rooms and iPhones at pubs they weren’t caught doing any of it.

You’re choice if you believe them, having been around footy clubs at a lot of different levels for a while I call bullshit.
No NTTAWWTters rule applied back then.

Are you saying derwayne russell was lying? o_O

I’m usually the last person to buy into the PC madness line and frankly I can see how the behaviour is both weird and problematic but honestly... every teenage boy did weird sh*t like this when I was a teenager. If anything it was more common in the schoolyard than the footy locker room. If the “victims” had an issue with it then there is absolutely a problem but Hugh Rimmington (appropriate surname) trying to paint it as a sexual assault or racial issue is a reeeeal stretch.

Yeah I don't think it's a big deal in a general sense (obviously it is if the victim wants no part of it and is continually targeted) but it's the defense of it not being sexual in the slightest at all I disagree with.

Can't agree. It's weird, but not sexual IMO.

Like phantom13 said, teenage boys do weird immature s**t. And plenty of them don't grow up. Fox Footy has Dermott Brereton and Jonathan Brown in their commentary team. You can guarantee both of those two meatheads would giggle at a dick grab.

As a kid if you dack someone in the schoolyard or something it's to embarrass them. It's not about wanting to see their willy, and it's not like wanting to see under a girl's skirt etc. IMO this is there the bum tap, dick grab etc. stuff stems from. It's not my idea of a laugh, but if I thought giving one of my mates 'a hug or a kiss or a lick, a grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root' there's no way I would do the same to a female friend and pass it off as a bit of fun. Every kid knows what a nipple cripple is, but you don't go up to a 30 year old woman and twist her nips then say 'banter!' like one of the twats from The Inbetweeners. You just don't.

Seems I posted in the right place.

I only have one mate that likes to play silly buggers with grabbing a handful of junk, and he likes getting pegged by his missus. He's lately taken to sharing an abundance of anti-homophobia memes on social media. It's surely only a matter of time before he roots a bloke.

No NTTAWWTters rule applied back then.

Ive been involved with an organisation called Stand Up (Russell Greenes daughter started it) for a while, i stopped playing footy in 2010 and i can honestly say i absolutley would have used homophobic slurs (not directed at homosexuals more the standard "thats gay" type stuff that existed back then) when i played. I dont consider myself a homophobic person, im staunchly pro equality and marched in Sydney for gay marriage but that doesnt change that fact that i was an immature arrogant dickhead as a teenager.

The irony is in working out how many blokes i played with (i was in representative teams, TAC and VFL) and subsuequently showered with ive almost certainly been naked with more gay men than most actual gay men, statistically speaking, yet also never played with a single openly gay teammate. Its pretty sad that an environment like that, which is generally so accepting and supportive is still such a frigthening environment for that barrier.

The whole groping, ass slapping, cross dressing (check out every mad monday ever) generally homo-erotic nature of footy clubs is, if anything an extension of and weird psuedo defence to the fact that alot of what happens at footy clubs is pretty homo-erotic. I never considered any of the (what on reflection is truly weird) behaviour we engaged in to be homosexual in nature and that includes all the stuff were now seeing with the AFL teams and more.

I think by nature, alot of pretty standard social norms are blurred in the footy club environment (communal showers are not standard practise many places outside of the footy club world) and thus alot of the behaviour looks truly bizarre and probably sexual and offensive to any one outside that bubble but i really dont think what we saw from the Saints and Tigers was sexual or racially motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back