Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did they die for?

It is a question I find myself pondering more frequently as I get older.

If we are to believe General Smedley Butler; Then it's to make even more Military industrial complex millionaires at humanities expense....And that's on top of the multi-nat bankers who finance all the wars in order to manipulate reality for starters.

Get the picture?

Me too . We sang it alongside the *real* New Zealand national anthem at every assembly . Ok I’m a bit of an anglophile and royalist , but it’s funny that in this day and age, God Save Our Queen is still considered one of the 2 official national anthems of New Zealand :eek:

How did you end up in Perth if a NZer? Could of ended up literally anywhere else closer?

Back to thread: I reckon National Anthems are a waste of time. Mostly just designed by committee anyway and the real ones always seem to be an unofficial song.

e.g. Australia's should be Waltzing Matilda, NZs' that Na Na Na song and UK's Jerusalem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you end up in Perth if a NZer? Could of ended up literally anywhere else closer?

Back to thread: I reckon National Anthems are a waste of time. Mostly just designed by committee anyway and the real ones always seem to be an unofficial song.

e.g. Australia's should be Waltzing Matilda, NZs' that Na Na Na song and UK's Jerusalem.

I know there’s not many words but I’d go for Great Southern Land.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The royal family being intensely scrutinised in public is more than a fair trade-off for being secure and comfortable for life by virtue of being born or choosing to marry in.

Tattoos@ work. Honestly depends on the job. If you're working with clients/sales or interacting with outsiders than a no. Image becomes important and it is up to the business or company to set the direction they want in promoting themselves.

Otherwise if you are in a back office somewhere and/or work in research/ are not dealing with anyone wear whatever the hell you want. Tattoos and all as it makes no difference to your ability to do the job.

Sporting 1. While Tomic should've kept his trap shut I do agree with part of what he said on Hewitt. He is either retired or isn't and as Captain/Coach whatever they call it he shouldn't be playing at the expense of his players. If he wants to play come out of retirement and relinquish your role.

Tattoos@ work. Honestly depends on the job. If you're working with clients/sales or interacting with outsiders than a no. Image becomes important and it is up to the business or company to set the direction they want in promoting themselves.

Otherwise if you are in a back office somewhere and/or work in research/ are not dealing with anyone wear whatever the hell you want. Tattoos and all as it makes no difference to your ability to do the job.
Sales in anything to do with the building, construction, engineering industries a tattoo is almost a prerequisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back