Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a good one.

If Port had drafted Liam Jurrah, the added sense of certainty and responsibility in his life would've prevented him from going off the rails. (although that doesn't make it Port's 'fault' Graham Cornes you bitter, vindictive wrinkled old tossbag, because we still did far more for him than 17 other clubs, including your own 'one white parent' love children).

Butcher is overrated.

Primus being made coach was the worst decision ever made by the club.

Williams keeping his job after 07 was the second worst decision made by the club.

The continuous appointments of certain people, only because of their last name, over many a year, is an absolute joke.

We never should have gotten rid of Chad.

Mitchell is by far the best rookie to be elevated this year.

Kane Cornes will win another best and fairest and will be regarded just below warren tredrea as one of the greatest power players ever. He will also play over 300 games and prove all the knockers wrong.

Renouf will see out his current contract and then will be cut.

Danny butcher needs a haircut

Chad Cornes will be back at the club next year as a strength coach (I have no evidence of this...just want him back at the club)

Too many PAFC players wear their socks down, If you can't be a footballer at least look like one!

Danny Butcher needs a hair cut

There has been a SANFL sniper in our ranks since 2005ish, may not have been the same one, but the SANFL have been undermining us from the inside with their elected seats on our board!

Jackson Tengove is over rated - Although I love him

Matthew Lobbe is the most frustrating thing on our list since Cain Ackland

Port Adelaide FC will have folded from the AFL by 2020

Butcher will be a gun, AA standard

Moore is worth persisting with

Kane Cornes will go down as PAFC's best ever player (on the limb that we will have folded/merged by 2020)

Brett Ebert is underrated on this board, whilst overrated in the facebook realms

Tom Cluery will be the best out of our 2012 draft picks

Chad Wingard will be Port Adelaide's next brownlow contender

I don't get the point of this thread at all

95% of these posts are just utter crap and smell of people just taking the piss

Or we just have a bunch of idiots for supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide FC will have folded from the AFL by 2020

Butcher will be a gun, AA standard

Moore is worth persisting with

Kane Cornes will go down as PAFC's best ever player (on the limb that we will have folded/merged by 2020)

Brett Ebert is underrated on this board, whilst overrated in the facebook realms

Tom Cluery will be the best out of our 2012 draft picks

Chad Wingard will be Port Adelaide's next brownlow contender

Folded in 7 years?

I don't get the point of this thread at all

95% of these posts are just utter crap and smell of people just taking the piss

Or we just have a bunch of idiots for supporters

Just getting the frustration off our chest, instead of fuzzy bunnies and false hope through preseason, keep it real. Sometimes it is best to talk about it, not bottle it up and let it become a festering sore that explodes through the year!

Folded in 7 years?
Yeah generally think that

Foxtel deal is done by 2016, by that stage Adelaide oval deal will be no different/only slightly better than the AMMI deal we have now and the Tasmanians will want a team, just can't see us with our current marketing surviving in the long run

unless AO is worth it in the long run or we secure at least 2 big name long term major sponsors

Not a fan of Tom Jonas because he does not provide anything outside of defending.
You can look at this using two players.

A) he's touted as a dour defender who doesn't give his opponent an inch. Very good defensively, but could work on his ability to gain possessions.

B) he's touted as a defender who can win a lot of footy. Knows how to spread and receive the ball. Very good offensively, but an average defender.

Honestly, I would take the defender first and the possession getter second. Overall, a defenders job is to defend, and if he has the basics (moreso in jonas' case) of defending down pat than he is much more use to a football side.

I guess what I am trying to say that, in basic footy, there are 6 defenders. And in all honesty, I would prefer that these 6 defenders knew how to defend, than knew how to attract cheap possies.

/ Darren glass board

/ buddy draft

I wish we would get the chip off our shoulder and stop trying to force a rivalry with the Crows. If we could develop a friendly atmosphere at our games for Crows supporters who are open to supporting both teams, then that's more people at games = more money for us.

Didak can go see a FIFA World Cup every 4 years for the rest of his life, but he'll only have one chance to get a nice fat retirement cheque playing for his boyhood club during the most exciting time they've had in a decade. It's worth getting in his ear.

Speaking of Collingwood players, here's another unpopular Collingwood player related opinion. Not getting Leon Davis last year was a mistake.
Leon Davis did not perform great in the WAFL this year and now is going to play with Daniel Motlop's team in the riverland(?)

Leon Davis has signed for Aldinga in the SFL for season 2013

whats hilarious because they're shocking

I wish we would get the chip off our shoulder and stop trying to force a rivalry with the Crows. If we could develop a friendly atmosphere at our games for Crows supporters who are open to supporting both teams, then that's more people at games = more money for us.

force a rivalry?

there was a rivalry even before PAFC entered the AFL

it was always Port V the rest, but i agree we should do (and seem to be) more to accomodate for the crows fan at showdowns to capitalise on revenue

Yeah generally think that

Foxtel deal is done by 2016, by that stage Adelaide oval deal will be no different/only slightly better than the AMMI deal we have now and the Tasmanians will want a team, just can't see us with our current marketing surviving in the long run

unless AO is worth it in the long run or we secure at least 2 big name long term major sponsors

yep

I think we should find a way to change our brand and merge with a team of our choice

The alternative is taking whatever is being shoved down our throat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back