Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it’s not like he bounced back from a limited preseason with soft tissue issues to be best on ground against the reigning premier in Perth in Round 23 as a pure midfielder or anything.

You mean the team that Wines was BOG against when he played them with a limited preseason coming back from a shoulder injury? 35 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 clangers and a goal for Wines vs 28 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 clangers and no goals for Wingard. I'd say the goal gives Ollie the nod over Chad as a pure midfielder.

No one is talking up Wines' performance this year, are they? Nah, they are talking him down, as is the way of the Port Adelaide board.

Guys like Jordan and Lebron do it every single week. That's what the difference is between just relying on talent and talent mixed with hard work. When Wingard is doing it week in week out, then we'll talk about whether or not trading him was a mistake. But with Mitchell coming back, his midfield minutes are going to be reduced.

You mean the team that Wines was BOG against when he played them with a limited preseason coming back from a shoulder injury? 35 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 clangers and a goal for Wines vs 28 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 7 clearances, 6 clangers and no goals for Wingard. I'd say the goal gives Ollie the nod over Chad as a pure midfielder.

No one is talking up Wines' performance this year, are they? Nah, they are talking him down, as is the way of the Port Adelaide board.

Guys like Jordan and Lebron do it every single week. That's what the difference is between just relying on talent and talent mixed with hard work. When Wingard is doing it week in week out, then we'll talk about whether or not trading him was a mistake. But with Mitchell coming back, his midfield minutes are going to be reduced.

We’ll see.

I hope he does get it together, just like I hope Howard does. Not because it proves anyone wrong, but because it will mean he becomes the best player he can be. The only player that I've ever barracked against after they left Port was Ben Jacobs.

Yeah, it’s not like he bounced back from a limited preseason with soft tissue issues to be best on ground against the reigning premier in Perth in Round 23 as a pure midfielder or anything.

I am honestly not that worried about Chad making us pay any more, the longer it goes on the more I think that his continual soft tissue injuries are more related to his lack of preparation and professionalism.

I am honestly not that worried about Chad making us pay any more, the longer it goes on the more I think that his continual soft tissue injuries are more related to his lack of preparation and professionalism.

Or it could be part and parcel of his own genetic makeup and/or a natural progression of his own injury history.

Hammer is being touted as captain for his service and professionalism and his muscles and ligaments consist of 44% chewed Bubble Yum.

And we wanted to wear the PB’s against Carlton in 2014 to honour the 100 year anniversary of the invincible season that culminated with us rolling the Blues.

Ahh yes, and were told it was not a significant enough reason.

Meanwhile at Marvel Stadium.........

1e46a4114729b812e2816805fd8bcdd7.jpg

I hope he does get it together, just like I hope Howard does. Not because it proves anyone wrong, but because it will mean he becomes the best player he can be. The only player that I've ever barracked against after they left Port was Ben Jacobs.
What about Chaplin?

Dont forget Chaplin and Steven's

Edit: Dam rendaw beat me to Chaplin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Farrell is going to make it.

Yes he is a beautiful finisher but he doesn't seem to have any tricks for reliably getting the ball.

He doesn't seem to get front and centre often enough and isn't elusive when he does he doesn't rack up run down tackles, he isn't a lead up forward or a great overhead marker and he isn't an elite up and back runner.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many times have we been rejected in the last 15 years? I can tell you the number, it is 0.

Several very widely publicised occasions, and probably many more than never made it to the press.

Your whole opposition to BBTB is that we can already wear the bars when we want, but that's demonstrably false, and you get told this every time you bring it up.

Ken Hinkley is an average coach, not a bad one. You all need to find meaningful employment and calm down.
Average over the long term is bad in professional sports because it doesn't give you a chance to be successful.

You either want to be rebuilding or competing, and under Hinkley we're too average to do either properly.

The Crows are a synthesised club with a fairly shameful history. We’d be like all other secondary-clubs-in-a-two-club-state but for the fact that we’ve won a premiership.

The Power moniker and logo have matured past the point of having the worst of 90s eXtReMe marketing and now have their own quaint kitsch.

But rather than just ride our history and newfound legitimacy into something we can lord over the Crows we’ve thrown it all on the scrap heap because the fans have rejected it at the very point we’ve got it “over the hill”. So instead of being able to lord our identity over a bootleg club, we’ve created this situation where we appear very uncomfortable in our own skin.

It should be them - not us.

The Crows are a synthesised club with a fairly shameful history. We’d be like all other secondary-clubs-in-a-two-club-state but for the fact that we’ve won a premiership.

The Power moniker and logo have matured past the point of having the worst of 90s eXtReMe marketing and now have their own quaint kitsch.

But rather than just ride our history and newfound legitimacy into something we can lord over the Crows we’ve thrown it all on the scrap heap because the fans have rejected it at the very point we’ve got it “over the hill”. So instead of being able to lord our identity over a bootleg club, we’ve created this situation where we appear very uncomfortable in our own skin.

It should be them - not us.
Or we could just be Port Adelaide.

I dont think Farrell is going to make it.

Yes he is a beautiful finisher but he doesn't seem to have any tricks for reliably getting the ball.

He doesn't seem to get front and centre often enough and isn't elusive when he does he doesn't rack up run down tackles, he isn't a lead up forward or a great overhead marker and he isn't an elite up and back runner.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sad to say, and I hope you're wrong, but his job did just get a lot tougher with all the forwards we've recruited (not to even mention Cox & Woodcock).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back