dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gday peoples... I've always worked in relative professional work places where safety is important... but my last job (I quit) safety wasn't the 1st 2nd or 3rd priority.

First off I'm a cellar hand (which isn't dangerous normally) but we do climb into tanks (confined spaces) and the boss did a 20min lecture on how to fill out the forms to enter and use the gas monitor which was illegal (did not have all the gasses we need to worry about in winery).

At the end of the 20min lecture he said we are now qualified to enter confined spaces.. I spoke up (i have previous cellar hand experience 6 years) said no we arnt gas monitor is illegal... plus we need to be trained properly.. by accredit trainers ect..I got told no we don't need to worry about that we are only a small winery :rolleyes:

That put me off side straight away. Refused to enter the tanks. Others didn't care.

Final straw ended up being they wanted me to climb (no harness) up barrels stacked 5 high (roughly 4 and half meters) I said no I'm not doing that bloody dangerous!
So the boss took me aside and tried to put pressure on me to do it.

Gave his little 5min speech about how everyone else is doing it and it's not fair on them that I'm not being a team member.
Once he finished I said no not doing it. (Couldn't believe the boss just tried that s**t on me) * I was :mad:

I did offer to use the forklift get them down and do the work he wanted done but he said that was to slow.

I spoke to the other guys saying they shouldn't be climbing up there but once again got the she will be alright attitude... * me.

Anyways after that made a few phone calls and 3 days later I quit.
Now at a winery where safety is lol the complete opposite...

Anyone else have story's of dangerous jobs you have been asked to do.

That's what they wanted me to climb.
20180130_094037.jpg

Last edited:
I'm asked to go into a confined room with 25 teenagers every day. Does that count?

When I was 17 I worked in a stockfeeds warehouse. Old mate who ran the joint would get me on a pallet on the forklift tines, raise me up to the top level pallet (4.5 or so metres) have me grab what we needed and back down again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back