Rumour Unsupported Saints Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a few posters on here who made up stuff, one or two have added genuine inside info to lend legitimacy to the junk stuff. Don't get sucked into conspiracy theories. The Earth is not flat, vaccines save lives, the climate is changing due to increased levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and men have walked on the moon.

Hang on Mate , if man walked on the moon wouldn't they sink into the cheese ?
The Earth is flat apart from the mountains , if it was round wouldn't we keep falling off ?
Donald Trump never lies or does anything wrong.
Australian Liberal Party really cares about poor people and workers.
Don't even get me started on whether The Saints have drafted bad selections , :D:D:D:D:D:stkilda::stkilda::stkilda::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

One really good way of dealing with he rumours is to not give a s**t what the players do off the field. Leave them alone and only shout about them on game day. I made that decision ages ago. It’s liberating and reduces the perpetuation of rumour and escalation of media sensationalism.

Try it.

Go saints!

Not sure this thread is necessary really. Im quite uncomfortable with it.

There are enough media out there who are quite happy to do the dirty work, I don’t believe we need it on our board.

They probably scout our board for any nugget they can find to create a scandal anyway ( I’m looking at you, DB) without
having a thread dedicated to it to make their job easier.

If you’re desperate for some goss, rumour or innuendo there’s a thread on the main forum.

Just my 2c worth.

id like to see it gone, enough negativity here without more fuel for the fire, those that want to see this stuff surely can go to the appropriate section

This is hogwash. Honestly, if the DH rumours were true wouldn't the Hearld Sun and everybody else swoop on a big St.kilda scandal? Of course they would!

Second. Jake Carlisle was on the front page of the HS doing lines the day after we recruited him.

If the video of Hannebery is out, and with this rumour being as wide spread as it is, it should be: I’d expect it to be all over the HS, triple M, SEN and everywhere where blokes like Barrett work because it confirms their narrative.

Until it’s out, regardless of how believable, Id consider it rubbish.

I don't wish to pay any attention to rumours about our players or club . We always cop so much strife from the media when things really do go wrong that I just don't believe we are capable of hiding anything . My view is its all made up by anti Saints people and there is no truth to it . If it does come out as true then I will worry about it then . My personel opinion like others is to close this thread however if others want it open then that's fine but I wont open this thread again by choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just what we need. A thread of unsubstantiated trash rumours about Saints players.
Just have an OP with a link to #IPF articles. Done!
Oh wait, we have a thread for that already.

I would hope if it was true club would sack him on the spot

More stories get left out of the media than get told by the media. The journos and players know each other and there is a lot not reported. Even the Carlisle stuff was just a Current Affair buying footage a guy tried to blackmail with. Most media outlets won't purchase that kind of stuff because it diminishes the media as much as it gets them publicity. Salacious stuff is like a sugar hit, get a heap of traffic and then at the same time it rots your credibility with the players and public. Remember the Hawks and their clinic theft that showed drug taking by players. A woman my wife worked with was run into by an excessively speeding Buddy on the Monash, he permanently injured her and it never made the media.

Before we got Hanners I had definitely heard rumblings on him absolutely loving the gear and all that....

I am like most though, if the rumour of him is true it’s literally been out for like 2 months now at least, I saw it posted ages ago, how in the hell has none of the media caught onto it?

Maybe it is true is wouldn’t shock me he’s *ing passed out and they’ve then blackmailed him etc it doesn’t sound like somethin that couldn’t happen but surely surely surely if it was true, it would be in more public places than saints Facebook groups and bigfooty?!

Fair enough that rumours should be dismissed without evidence. But the fact that Hannebury stepped down from the leadership group certainly adds fuel to the fire. I can't think of any player who has stepped down from any AFL leadership group to focus on rehab. As I recall Roberton is still in the leadership group despite playing around 4 games last year and will play none this year. So I think it smells like bullshit. That's the only thing that leads me to believe there could be more to the story.

Last edited:
I saw this thread and thought, oh good. It will be a bunch of Saints fans laughing at made up rumours, and instead everyone's lost their s**t assuming that totally unsubstantiated rumours are true.

For every scandal that the Saints had back in the scandal heyday, there were a bunch more rumours that turned out not to be true.

For every scandal that the Saints had back in the scandal heyday, there were a bunch more rumours that turned out not to be true.

My memory is getting foggier as the years roll by.....but I was thinking of all the rumours I heard/read about last year regarding the Saints.....….here....in the print and radio media......friends out and about.......and not one turned out to be right.

When one does turn onto fact.........then I will officially lose it.

Fair enough that rumours should be dismissed without evidence. But the fact that Hannebury stepped down from the leadership group certainly adds fuel to the fire. I can't think of any player who has stepped down from any AFL leadership group to focus on rehab. As I recall Roberton is still in the leadership group despite playing around 4 games last year and will play none this year. So I think it smells like bullshit. That's the only thing that leads me to believe there could be more to the story.

roberton stepped down too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back