Rumour Unsupported Saints Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw this thread and thought, oh good. It will be a bunch of Saints fans laughing at made up rumours, and instead everyone's lost their s**t assuming that totally unsubstantiated rumours are true.

For every scandal that the Saints had back in the scandal heyday, there were a bunch more rumours that turned out not to be true.

Saints are going to win 15 games this season, Cho has turned into an elite coach and the midfield has size, pace and skill.

Last edited:

I liked the parts where ears were used and say things like Twitter are a medium where excrement is apparently in short supply?

s**t is another word for nugget after all.

Anywho, even when there were corroborated rumours, not like anyone gave much of a s**t about Lovett because he could footy, and he even got a paycheque out of it through grievance so he could be arrested beating women some more.

Far as I'm concerned, unless there's a neon goddamn sign and a mob of 24million and 7 people corroborating that a bloke is dodgy in the AFL, you're wrong and their status is well earned because no one else really gives a damn.

After all, the King stole a mates missus, continued a career and never left.

There are many rumours about Dan. Some are true, some are the bent truth and some are completely false. This one is false. If it is true, then it’s the best kept/worst secret I’ve seen. Meaning that if there’s evidence, it’s been buried and only a few would have access, yet somehow it’s leaked knowledge. It ain’t true.

Roberton is as good as retired, that doesn't add a great deal of promise to the situation.
Indeed. There's a big difference between the two. Robbo is gone for the year at least and probably for good. Stepping down is logical.

On the other hand, Hanners is said to be out for about 6 weeks and is expected to return midyear. Why step down? Most, nay all, in his position would remain, if only to keep contributing while rehabbing and staying in touch.

I'm not saying Hanners has been up to no good, but something about the whole situation doesn't add up. Mental health issues, perhaps? Even that, these days, would be openly announced. Tell us, Satan. What's really going on?

Robbo stepped down from the leadership group last year as well to concentrate on getting back.
The difference is the media didn't report it.

I get that, it just looks different for obvious reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club leaks like a sieve . The media loves giving us a whack and if given a chance the papers will go after us hard.
If there is any truth to this it will come out without a doubt.
BUT if it doesn't come out officially then it is just another boring " I've got a mate who knows him" or "an AFL insider told me" or " I 100% know its true" blah blah blah bullshit footy rumour.

How about we just worry about turmoil when it actually happens.
And not when a mate of a mate of a mate tells you its gonna happen.

Wilson was at pains to stressed she thought there was nothing more to Hanners stepping down other than injury with here petty whack at Lethers the other night.

That gossip columnist is the queen of innuendo when it comes to this stuff. Remember she was hinting Sam Fisher was on the nose beers?

Would be the first to fan the flames if she thought she could turn a buck out of it

Wilson was at pains to stressed she thought there was nothing more to Hanners stepping down other than injury with here petty whack at Lethers the other night.

That gossip columnist is the queen of innuendo when it comes to this stuff. Remember she was hinting Sam Fisher was on the nose beers?

Would be the first to fan the flames if she thought she could turn a buck out of it
Ive got a real soft spot for Sammy Fisher as he did an extremely nice thing for my family a few yrs ago.
But he didnt mind the social side of life. Id be surprised if Sammy didnt give the nose a bit of a Toot Toot occasionally :p

But yes Carro doesnt usually let the truth get in the way of a juicy story.

instead of rumours how bout posting something not reported on but a real positive of how the club looks after its own..

i got two stories for you...
One is about a guy named Jordan.. Jordan was a huge saints fan (not a member) here in WA and would on occasion frequent a Western Saints function .. early this year sadly Jordan lost his life while riding his motorbike when he was struck down by a stolen car travelling at speed on the wrong side of the road.. Jordans family got in contact with us to tell us the sad news and in turn i passed on the message to the club - without a prompt or anything our club sprung into action sending over a St Kilda flag to be draped on the coffin they also provided a personal heartfelt letter from Matt Finnis to the family to express his condolances.. this type of thing was much appriciated by the family and to me shows the club showing that they care and value not only members but fans of our club...

the second story is about our mascot in round 3... Ethan has had to put i mildly a tough couple of years with an illness so we felt it would be great for him to have the experiance as our mascot speaking to Ethans father after the game he was quite emotional at the way his boy was treated by the club staff and the players with the players embracing him before they all ran out onto the field...

for as long as i have been associated with this club the way that they have been able to interact with the fans, the members and the kids has been fantastic stuff like this happens every week im sure but it never gets mentioned so im mentioning it as its more important to be known by people what our club does without the want of recognition than any rumour spread about our club .. im sure there are a million storys people on here could share (heck look what our club have done for Rabbit).. i reckon these stories are more of an indication of what our club is not some rumour about drug use ..

instead of rumours how bout posting something not reported on but a real positive of how the club looks after its own..

One is about a guy named Jordan.. Jordan was a huge saints fan (not a member) here in WA and would on occasion frequent a Western Saints function .. early this year sadly Jordan lost his life while riding his motorbike when he was struck down by a stolen car travelling at speed on the wrong side of the road.. Jordans family got in contact with us to tell us the sad news and in turn i passed on the message to the club - without a prompt or anything our club sprung into action sending over a St Kilda flag to be draped on the coffin they also provided a personal heartfelt letter from Matt Finnis to the family to express his condolances.. this type of thing was much appriciated by the family and to me shows the club showing that they care and value not only members but fans of our club...

the second story is about our mascot in round 3... Ethan has had to put i mildly a tough couple of years with an illness so we felt it would be great for him to have the experiance as our mascot speaking to Ethans father after the game he was quite emotional at the way his boy was treated by the club staff and the players with the players embracing him before they all ran out onto the field...

for as long as i have been associated with this club the way that they have been able to interact with the fans, the members and the kids has been fantastic stuff like this happens every week im sure but it never gets mentioned so im mentioning it as its more important to be known by people what our club does without the want of recognition than any rumour spread about our club .. im sure there are a million storys people on here could share (heck look what our club have done for Rabbit).. i reckon these stories are more of an indication of what our club is not some rumour about drug use ..
Nice post mate.
I try to take rumours with a pinch of salt. 95% of them are utter bullshit.
And yes our club does so much good that goes unnoticed as they dont look for fanfare.
A few yrs ago just before my mother passed away she got her membership and reserved seat renewal in the mail.
She had been a loyal member for a long time so i rang the club and explained that she was gravely ill in hospital and most likely wouldnt be able to ever go see her beloved Saints again so we wouldnt be renewing the seat.
Then a few days later we got mail from the St.Kilda football club addressed to her. It was a lovely heartfelt letter signed from Sammy Fisher thanking her for all her yrs as a loyal fan and hoping her health improves.
Unfortunately mum had slipped into a coma by then but i took the letter to her and read it by her bedside in hospital .
People can say we are unprofessional, a rabble, s**t at recruiting blah blah blah . But the club does a hell of a lot right.
Ill never forget what Chips did.

We actually need a thread dedicated to this...Saints by name, Saints by nature ....(too much? :rolleyes::p)

Seriously though, Richo was told by the group to highlight the positives when coaching, nothing wrong with highlighting these kinds of things more often.

Was that the little kid with cancer Seb Ross carried through the banner?

Nice post mate.
I try to take rumours with a pinch of salt. 95% of them are utter bullshit.
And yes our club does so much good that goes unnoticed as they dont look for fanfare.
A few yrs ago just before my mother passed away she got her membership and reserved seat renewal in the mail.
She had been a loyal member for a long time so i rang the club and explained that she was gravely ill in hospital and most likely wouldnt be able to ever go see her beloved Saints again so we wouldnt be renewing the seat.
Then a few days later we got mail from the St.Kilda football club addressed to her. It was a lovely heartfelt letter signed from Sammy Fisher thanking her for all her yrs as a loyal fan and hoping her health improves.
Unfortunately mum had slipped into a coma by then but i took the letter to her and read it by her bedside in hospital .
People can say we are unprofessional, a rabble, s**t at recruiting blah blah blah . But the club does a hell of a lot right.
Ill never forget what Chips did.
Thks for posting the stories Snake and St , this really makes me feel good about being a Sainter , the guys we have are a lot more than footballers.

Haha mate this was wildly known to be the case, can tell you first hand its true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back