Until theres a mechanism to replace injured players, the AFl cant be taken seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We are talking about a game now based more on the ability to run more than any other skill or ability and yet if you lose a player to injury there is no recourse.

It's utterly ridiculous that games and therefore premierships can be decided on how lucky you are with injuries over how good you are or how well you play.

Why is this not addressed when we have groups of supposed experts meeting and coming up with nonsense like the 666 rule ?

Injuries can happen to any team at any point. Look across the AFL injury list and look at how hard other sides have been hit. And most of those injuries happen during games. It’s a thing that’s happened ever since the game started. It’s all luck

#hawkshaveinjuries
I think I heard you were missing a player or two, something about an undermanned Richmond being magnificent that BT of one of the crew pulled out when they thought about something other than Dusty's boots for five seconds

I was surprised when they got rid of the sub rule.

Think it may have been a collective push from within the AFL and betting agencies- the extra uncertainty about who would wear the vest discouraged bets? I hated it only when I had to choose my super coach team.

but yeah, anyway, great that a Hawthorn fan is showing sympathy for the injury hell the Tigers have been through this year. Cheers!

I think I heard you were missing a player or two, something about an undermanned Richmond being magnificent that BT of one of the crew pulled out when they thought about something other than Dusty's boots for five seconds

I'm going to call bullshit on this.

There is no way they stopped talking about Dusty's boots for 5 seconds.

That's the thing that stops the comp being taken seriously?

Not the executive that prioritises money over fairness and the integrity of the competition? Not the laughably lopsided draw that favours the same teams year after year? Not the season decider being played at the same teams' home ground every single year? Not the predictably biased umpiring that favours select teams every year?

Games being influenced by injuries is a long way down the list of this league's issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to call ******** on this.

There is no way they stopped talking about Dusty's boots for 5 seconds.
I think they were yellow but I can't be sure. I know they were Puma but he hasn't signed. You hear that Adidas, he's still on the market and he might like yellow boots.

We are talking about a game now based more on the ability to run more than any other skill or ability and yet if you lose a player to injury there is no recourse.

It's utterly ridiculous that games and therefore premierships can be decided on how lucky you are with injuries over how good you are or how well you play.

Why is this not addressed when we have groups of supposed experts meeting and coming up with nonsense like the 666 rule ?
The dogs in 16 and the pies in 18 had ridiculous injuries, yet one won the flag and the other was runner up. Excuses are just that. The AFLs system is much, much better than that of the big US sports.

I wish I could double love this comment.

Melt of the week achieved.

The dogs in 16 and the pies in 18 had ridiculous injuries, yet one won the flag and the other was runner up. Excuses are just that. The AFLs system is much, much better than that of the big US sports.

Not in games

Losing 2 players In the first half means your entire side has half the rest your entire opposition does.

Injuries duiing the season is one thing and can't be helped but during a game it can easily but no let's try 666.

Why did the sub rule suck?

I still haven't heard a single good reason.

The problem wasn’t the rule as such but how coach’s manipulated it so they would use it strategically late in games to inject a fresh set of legs into the game without having a legitimate injury

Also made SuperCoach a pain

Richmond lost its first ruck and a midfielder before half time and won handily last week.

However I do agree clubs should be allowed an unlimited number of substitutes, as opposed to interchange players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back