Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see the point of movies such as Solo, R1 and this.

As much as I love the Star Wars characters and universe, what is the point of making a movie where the ending is predetermined? We know how Obi-Wan's journey ends up and we know enough about Han Solo to love him as a character. What is the point of these movies other than nostalgic cash ins?

As much as I love the Star Wars characters and universe, what is the point of making a movie where the ending is predetermined? We know how Obi-Wan's journey ends up and we know enough about Han Solo to love him as a character. What is the point of these movies other than nostalgic cash ins?

Because we don't know Obi-Wans thoughts on global warming and gender politics and US foreign policy. A Obi-Wan origin movie would answer those questions for us.

Really? Solo is the only one I don't see the point of. This one I can see where you're coming from as well though, as Kenobi was meant to just be watching over Luke. They'll have to sell me with a compelling plot.

I fundamentally disagree about R1 though, that was an absolutely well done and good movie. It's a battle alluded to in the ANH crawl, and did not have to shoehorn itself into the timeline.

And I'm not sure if you're serious about movies having pre-determined endings but.. have you heard of a movie called Revenge of the Sith?

Really? Solo is the only one I don't see the point of. This one I can see where you're coming from as well though, as Kenobi was meant to just be watching over Luke. They'll have to sell me with a compelling plot.

I fundamentally disagree about R1 though, that was an absolutely well done and good movie. It's a battle alluded to in the ANH crawl, and did not have to shoehorn itself into the timeline.

And I'm not sure if you're serious about movies having pre-determined endings but.. have you heard of a movie called Revenge of the Sith?
Yeah I have heard of Revenge of the Sith. It was s**t

R1 failed in the most elementary of filmmaking techniques; strong characters and a compelling plot. It had decent action scenes and a ton of Star Wars O.T references, take that away and you have a nothing movie with no memorable characters whatsoever. At least this trilogy has given us Rey, Kylo Ren, Snoke and Poe. Not groundbreaking or amazing characters but entertaining and likeable. All R1 had was Felicity Jones with a scowl on her face for 2 hours.

R1 failed in the most elementary of filmmaking techniques; strong characters and a compelling plot. It had decent action scenes and a ton of Star Wars O.T references, take that away and you have a nothing movie with no memorable characters whatsoever. At least this trilogy has given us Rey, Kylo Ren, Snoke and Poe. Not groundbreaking or amazing characters but entertaining and likeable. All R1 had was Felicity Jones with a scowl on her face for 2 hours.

weevil you forgot to log out of your alt account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the only good 4 minutes from these s**t show new films. Vader cutting sick at the end.

Meh neither here nor there on origin movies. It will be nice to see exactly how Solo won the Falcon and the meaning behind the dice. They looked pretty schmick

Obi-Wan not so much. How many Jawa's can menace him in the cave. How many long binoc shots of Luke on his speeder can there be?

Lightsabers in Kenobi? Don't think so. Obi was in hiding and wouldn't draw attention to himself as a saber-wielding former Jedi. He was literally a hermit and communing with Qui-Gon, extra training of force powers of the mental variety.

Sounds like it will be riveting viewing

There was roughly 20 years between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope, who says Obi Wan was sitting in his little Tatooine shack the whole time?
The fact no one has called him obi Wan since before Luke was born and the fact he's basically in exile like Yoda.

The fact no one has called him obi Wan since before Luke was born and the fact he's basically in exile like Yoda.
The comics had him bouncing around, but I tend to agree realistically he would had kept his head down and stayed there undetected.

Can’t see much of a film out of this personally.

I'm looking forward to this more than IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back