Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the lack of interest at this point, Disney will still pull out all stops to hype this movie up. 4 months doesn’t sound like much but there’ll still be a few trailers etc in that time. Plus all the other social media tie ins they’ll do.

They’ll hit the nostalgia factor, lots of focus on the Falcon, Lando, Chewie etc. I wonder if there’s an outside chance of a Harrison Ford cameo (perhaps in a flash forward type scene perhaps). Just speculating.

I don’t see it reaching $1b myself but it’s Star Wars, there’s always going to be a turnout and it will likely get to $600-$700m+.

But Jedi did less than Empire?

If they're planning to ramp up solo hype they've left it way too late. We should be getting a novel tie in, a comic, heck even DLC in battlefront, ANYTHING to scream "this is a movie you should be thinking about".

On the avatar bet I will qualify I'll wait until the teaser which I think is coming this week, but I'm still 99% sure it'll tank. There is just no mainstream interest in it. 500-700m tops.
The hype has presumably been held off because TLJ is in full swing. Another reason they should have just released in December. Also, I think you're confusing the two; there's little interest from hardcore fans, mainstream fans will probably just wander along to see Han Solo.

The hype has presumably been held off because TLJ is in full swing. Another reason they should have just released in December. Also, I think you're confusing the two; there's little interest from hardcore fans, mainstream fans will probably just wander along to see Han Solo.
Mainstream fans don't even know it exists. Mainstream fans will be more hyped for avengers 3 which they are already getting pumped up for. People on here didn't even know its coming out in May, what hope do the public have.

Most will likely think "We just had TLJ, why are we getting another one so soon?"

Despite the lack of interest at this point, Disney will still pull out all stops to hype this movie up. 4 months doesn’t sound like much but there’ll still be a few trailers etc in that time. Plus all the other social media tie ins they’ll do.

They’ll hit the nostalgia factor, lots of focus on the Falcon, Lando, Chewie etc. I wonder if there’s an outside chance of a Harrison Ford cameo (perhaps in a flash forward type scene perhaps). Just speculating.

I don’t see it reaching $1b myself but it’s Star Wars, there’s always going to be a turnout and it will likely get to $600-$700m+.
I actually think they need to pump up Lando a hell of a lot. Donald glover was a fantastic choice and literally the only element of this film I'm keen for. People were disappointed he wasn't back for the sequels.

I actually think they need to pump up Lando a hell of a lot. Donald glover was a fantastic choice and literally the only element of this film I'm keen for. People were disappointed he wasn't back for the sequels.

He’s actually quite a glaring omission when you think about it. Nien Numb, Ackbar etc have all featured so far (I’m trying to recall if Mon Mothma has too).

But by the end ROTJ, Lando is a General. Don’t know how many people were ranked above him. Probably Leia, Mothma and Ackbar are more senior than him. But it does seem odd that he’s not even in the picture somewhere.

Lol there you go dismissing the hardcore fans.

Infinity war is about to kick off, the casuals won’t be walking into this one.Disney badly needs the hardcore fans onboard to make any reasonable number at the box office.

But all is well according to you.

He’s actually quite a glaring omission when you think about it. Nien Numb, Ackbar etc have all featured so far (I’m trying to recall if Mon Mothma has too).

But by the end ROTJ, Lando is a General. Don’t know how many people were ranked above him. Probably Leia, Mothma and Ackbar are more senior than him. But it does seem odd that he’s not even in the picture somewhere.
I think mothma dies between 6 & 7, she was pretty old anyway. But yeah no Lando nor even a mention is a bit weird.

Infinity war is about to kick off, the casuals won’t be walking into this one.Disney badly needs the hardcore fans onboard to make any reasonable number at the box office.

Yep. And casual fans "walking in to see Han Solo" will not get it anywhere near 1bn. Hard-core repeat viewings is what it needs so it's a good thing they haven't alienated their base, right?

Yep. And casual fans "walking in to see Han Solo" will not get it anywhere near 1bn. Hard-core repeat viewings is what it needs so it's a good thing they haven't alienated their base, right?
Oh wait a min...

Funny thing is Disney is expecting it to bomb anyway, so they will continue to dismiss the backlash.

It could potentially affect IX.

This is quite funny though.

The hyper drive comment hits close to home about a debate on Twitter I had yesterday about the supposed new tech for the hyperspace tracking, but I think that's slightly different.

That being said, it's amazing what Empire got away with because it was set 3 years later! I guess cos, you know, viewers can accept stuff happened off screen that tfa-tlj didn't allow for.

I didn't dismiss anyone; I'm a hardcore fan. But at this point, it's only the hardcore fans talking about and there is a lot of disinterest for many reasons (the lack of a need to explore his background, behind the scenes troubles etc). The kind of mainstream fan that wanders into the film every one or two years will still go; this has more name appeal than R1 and plenty of mainstream fans will watch just to see Han Solo.

As for hardcore fans, they'll go anyway; whether they will go twice is the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't dismiss anyone; I'm a hardcore fan. But at this point, it's only the hardcore fans talking about and there is a lot of disinterest for many reasons (the lack of a need to explore his background, behind the scenes troubles etc). The kind of mainstream fan that wanders into the film every one or two years will still go; this has more name appeal than R1 and plenty of mainstream fans will watch just to see Han Solo.

As for hardcore fans, they'll go anyway; whether they will go twice is the question.
So you'll take up my bet?

I reckon Solo will end up being as great as Rogue One especially with Ron Howard fixing it. All that mayhem during production, usually a good thing it seems. And those stand-alones are showing to be better than the new Saga movies. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge swell of sales after people glowingly talk about Solo as a must-see after seeing it.

I reckon Solo will end up being as great as Rogue One especially with Ron Howard fixing it. All that mayhem during production, usually a good thing it seems. And those stand-alones are showing to be better than the new Saga movies. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge swell of sales after people glowingly talk about Solo as a must-see after seeing it.
I hope so.

It can go either way.

Survive production woes and deliver Apocalypse Now or not survive production woes and deliver The Island of Doctor Moreau

Why have it set between the prequels and the original trilogy (when he is supposed to be in seclusion)?

I think this would be a far better story if it was an Obi-Wan "origin" story? Have the movie about his Jedi training (by Yoda, and then later by Qui-Gon), and Obi-Wan rise to become the Jedi he became.

It could be set before Ep 1.

It could also have a villian on the rise. Maybe have Darth Maul as a younger Sith, and he and Obi-Wan have a lightsaber battle at the end.

Also, have a scene where Obi-Wan is told the legend of someone coming who will bring "balance to the Force" (foreshadowing Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader).

I think a film showing the rise of Obi-Wan Kenobi as a Jedi, and the battles he is in, is a far more interesting film than one where he is hiding on Tattoine.

Why have it set between the prequels and the original trilogy (when he is supposed to be in seclusion)?

I think this would be a far better story if it was an Obi-Wan "origin" story? Have the movie about his Jedi training (by Yoda, and then later by Qui-Gon), and Obi-Wan rise to become the Jedi he became.

It could also have a villian on the rise. Maybe have Darth Maul as a younger Sith, and he and Obi-Wan have a lightsaber battle at the end.

Also, have a scene where Obi-Wan is told the legend of someone coming who will bring "balance to the Force" (foreshadowing Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader).

I think a film showing the rise of Obi-Wan Kenobi as a Jedi, and the battles he is in, is a far more interesting film than one where he is hiding on Tattoine.

Could combine both time periods if structured correctly.

At last we reveal ourselves to the Jedi
At last we will have our revenge

So no, your idea of a young maul is a plot hole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back