Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://omegaunderground.com/2017/12...-2019-production-start-kenobi-anthology-film/

Lucasfilm Eyeing Early 2019 Production Start On ‘Kenobi’ Anthology Film

by Christopher Marc
18 mins ago

obi-wan-ewan-mcgregor-contemplative.jpg

THR previously reported over the summer that Lucasfilm was eyeing three-time Oscar-nominated director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Reader, The Hours, The Crown) to tackle an Obi-Wan Kenobi film which everyone expects would see Ewan McGregorreprise the role.

We then learned the film’s working title would be Joshua Tree, a nod to the production locales of New Hope’s Tatooine scenes.

Omega Underground has an update of sorts as a production source has revealed the studio is expecting this Kenobi film to begin filming at Pinewood Studios UK (confirmed stage location) sometime in January 2019.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-09-at-8.56.35-AM.png

We can’t confirm if Daldry has indeed signed on to direct.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-09-at-9.08.07-AM.png

Disney’s Bob Iger had previously suggested the next anthology film could be ready for release in 2020. It’s now looking like Kenobi: A Star Wars Story (assumed title) could be the next film to hit screens after J.J. Abrams’ Episode IX is released on December 20th, 2019.

If we take Solo as an example it started shooting on January 30th, 2017 and will be released on May 25th, 2019. There is a good chance Kenobi could follow a similar production schedule, minus the hiccups.

Kathleen_Kennedy_1_embed.jpg

This January start makes sense to us as filming would need to begin around then as Kathleen Kennedy is expected to turn her focus from Star Wars to Steven Spielberg‘s Indiana Jones 5 over the summer of 2019 (production start not entirely confirmed) to make it’s July 10th, 2020 release date.

It’s extremely likely we could see Kenobi ready for a release either in May or December 2020.

So there’s no new Star Wars movie coming out in 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, typo in the original article. Solo is due May 2018, though I expect them to push that back to December given recent upheavals.

Would have been keener on a Kenobi movie if they hadn't already decided on a Solo movie. Would have preferred on entirely original anthology film (though I guess we are getting Johnson's original trilogy).

Ewan McGregor was one of the very few shining lights of the mess that was the prequels. No idea why they just didn’t do this film instead of a Han Solo back story. Fans were screaming for this.
Because they killed off Han Solo most recently, and probably felt they owed the fans a "send off" anthology movie first, being such a fresh wound to fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assumed he was talking about the Kenobi film.
Ah, my bad. I'm tired, go easy on me.

If Kenobi movie is placed post-ROTS to pre-ANH, then you'd get a very young Luke, anything from 5 to 15 years of age, but they wouldn't be able to pull off ANH-aged Luke imo....unless they find a literal doppleganger.

Lightsabers in Kenobi? Don't think so. Obi was in hiding and wouldn't draw attention to himself as a saber-wielding former Jedi. He was literally a hermit and communing with Qui-Gon, extra training of force powers of the mental variety.
Do you think Liam Neeson would return as Qui-Gon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back