Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
TBF we've a snippet saying its her call and nothing from the show runners, given she's somewhat unpopular depending who you ask, there's always going to be blowback and you responded kinda as expected.

We have no idea if this is valid or otherwise to be taking a position that it's a good or bad decision, but "indefinitely" is a little disconcerting.
The only information we have is that it was KK's decision because the script's weren't up to scratch. Would people really prefer she just charge ahead and make it anyway? Do they think she's responsible for writing it poorly (because this confirms she isn't)? This is the one decision no one should question because it shows actual leadership: not risking the quality of the product by meeting arbitrary dates.

The rumors kinda confirm what some of us had been expecting, that Kenobi would adopt a Western vibe, but that the Mandalorian has come in during the time the project was on hold and co-opted that theme. So it has to be rethought. I actually like the idea of Kenobi as a two-part mini-series, given they are already thinking about reducing the episode order from six to four. It would be Star Wars' first mini-series and give it its own identity rather than just being the next in a line of TV series.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
KK thought the scripts for TFA, TLJ, and TROS were fantastic, Colin smells, Solo was the right move, and R1 needed lots of reshoot.

At some stage maybe one loses faith in her ability to identify a good script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only information we have is that it was KK's decision because the script's weren't up to scratch. Would people really prefer she just charge ahead and make it anyway? Do they think she's responsible for writing it poorly (because this confirms she isn't)? This is the one decision no one should question because it shows actual leadership: not risking the quality of the product by meeting arbitrary dates.

The rumors kinda confirm what some of us had been expecting, that Kenobi would adopt a Western vibe, but that the Mandalorian has come in during the time the project was on hold and co-opted that theme. So it has to be rethought. I actually like the idea of Kenobi as a two-part mini-series, given they are already thinking about reducing the episode order from six to four. It would Star Wars' first mini-series and give it its own identity rather than just being the next in a line of TV series.

The scripts being "poor" is subjective, it's KK's decision is actual fact given she heads the dept, there's a key difference there you're not seeing.

Can't speak for others, not critiquing your opinion either, just saying you acted like expected from such a response lambasting KK's involvement, which is all this basically shows as occurred, she made a decision on the project. Whether it is good or bad is down to opinion, but that's where it is, opinion, not good not poor, not fantastical not horrid, all and neither at the same time. There'd be a risk with the project regardless, this just ensure it's discussed.

I disagree though, it should be discussed if it's a good or bad decision, but after the project actually launches, as if it's say poorly received and no one likes it, would you still be championing her decision and stating the original scripts were poor and this was warranted? I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Could not care if it was western, teen drama, romance, horror, whatever, Mandalorian should have no bearing on what Obi-Wan's will be and the show will be poorer for it if you are right and themes are changed because the other exists. Length is one thing, but reactive changes rarely end well.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

The rumors kinda confirm what some of us had been expecting, that Kenobi would adopt a Western vibe, but that the Mandalorian has come in during the time the project was on hold and co-opted that theme. So it has to be rethought. I actually like the idea of Kenobi as a two-part mini-series, given they are already thinking about reducing the episode order from six to four. It would be Star Wars' first mini-series and give it its own identity rather than just being the next in a line of TV series.

If someone keeps hiring incompetent people, then they are incompetent.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
the scripts for tfa, tlj, solo, tros have all been s**t.

we know arndts script for tfa before he got fired and it was better than tfa, not a reboot of anh but a continuation of the story.

we know treverrows script for ep9 and it was much better than tros.

kennedy had issues with arndt and treverrows scripts.

2+2= kennedy is the problem

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The scripts being "poor" is subjective, it's KK's decision is actual fact given she heads the dept, there's a key difference there you're not seeing.

Can't speak for others, not critiquing your opinion either, just saying you acted like expected from such a response lambasting KK's involvement, which is all this basically shows as occurred, she made a decision on the project. Whether it is good or bad is down to opinion, but that's where it is, opinion, not good not poor, not fantastical not horrid, all and neither at the same time. There'd be a risk with the project regardless, this just ensure it's discussed.

I disagree though, it should be discussed if it's a good or bad decision, but after the project actually launches, as if it's say poorly received and no one likes it, would you still be championing her decision and stating the original scripts were poor and this was warranted? I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Could not care if it was western, teen drama, romance, horror, whatever, Mandalorian should have no bearing on what Obi-Wan's will be and the show will be poorer for it if you are right and themes are changed because the other exists. Length is one thing, but reactive changes rarely end well.
If Kenobi was made and was poor, then she would get the criticism, just as I criticise her for TROS (the decision to cave to an online mob was craven). The sad issue is people trying to pin everything on one woman when they have no idea of the quality of the script or even the inner workings of the company. There's no logic or rationale to the arguments, there's no counterpoint that Disney has made more than 30 per cent of the money Marvel made in 23 movies in just six, there's no mention of the good decisions like Rogue 1 being excellent or the Mandalorian being good (then it's Favreau or Filoni...she's responsible only for the bad decisions). It smacks of the s**t behaviour Star Wars fans are becoming famous for.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh FFS. Of course Kathleen Kennedy wasnt happy with it. It probably didn't have enough social justice messaging where Obi Wan should use gender neatural pronouns of it/them and has turned into veganism on Tatooine. He also should now just be an advocate of feminism because a Jedi is just the definition of toxic maculinity.

View attachment 810802

Fck oath she's the problem she can take her feminism and politcal agendas out of my Star Wars.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geez Jack you really can't see how KK already caved in to fans with TLJ throwing away most of TFA's setups because people wanted something different after it flew way too close to the sun, but it's only a problem with her management when you don't like the movie?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Rogue One is excellent but remember it was significantly reshot (original parts even made the preview) so it either didn't need it or it saved or it improved but it was already good, so it absolutely does not prove that Lucasfilm management know how to identify a good movie as clearly people were concerned about it in moment.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Geez Jack you really can't see how KK already caved in to fans with TLJ throwing away most of TFA's setups because people wanted something different after it flew way too close to the sun, but it's only a problem with her management when you don't like the movie?

TFA was widely liked, so no idea what you think she ‘caved in’ to. Yes, it was a rehash but one people were willing to accept because it was seen as a soft reboot.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
TFA was widely liked, so no idea what you think she ‘caved in’ to. Yes, it was a rehash but one people were willing to accept because it was seen as a soft reboot.

Widely liked but also widely acknowledged as unoriginal and commonly accepted that another copycat movie (which we got anyway just beneath the superficial surface) wouldn't fly.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Dave Filoni is on the Story Group that produced the ST and Solo. People need to stop acting like he’s the messiah.

Interesting that McGregor downplayed the delay, said the air date wasn’t changing, but that filming might have to wait until next year. Given it’s January, unless he misspoke, hard to see how the air date couldn’t change.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All depends on what influence his opinions have? If there are produces further up in Lucasfilm chain of command, changing his or others ideas to suit their vision or politics?

Dave Filoni is on the Story Group that produced the ST and Solo. People need to stop acting like he’s the messiah.

Interesting that McGregor downplayed the delay, said the air date wasn’t changing, but that filming might have to wait until next year. Given it’s January, unless he misspoke, hard to see how the air date couldn’t change.

The story group was ignored for TLJ and ROS.

There is no way you can say that with anything like the certainty with which you just said it.

He also definitely influenced Solo in a bad way.

I believe I just did and I can.

Evidence being the story group walking back from each movie in particular ways with peripheral material.

In fact I'd be reasonably confident that they weren't consulted heavily for any of the three sequel films.

There is no way you can say that with anything like the certainty with which you just said it.

He also definitely influenced Solo in a bad way.

Also how was his influence on Solo bad?

Back