Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you actually surprised that the actor who previously played him is playing him again? Or are you from the school of “tHe pReQueLs sUck aNd hE iS a BaD acToR”? Yawn
I’d say a s**t actor and hasn’t his career gone from strength to strength since, think he may even have won another Rasberry. Desperate Disney

I’d say a sh*t actor and hasn’t his career gone from strength to strength since, think he may even have won another Rasberry. Desperate Disney

Extremely harsh.

His career stumbled since largely due to a terrible and abusive reaction from sections of the fandom. Much like Jake Lloyd.

These types of roles can be a double edge sword. On one hand, it could be the entry point to an illustrious career full of fame and reward. Or the other, it could lead to shame and derision. They didn’t deserve what they copped, I genuinely believe they did their best with the material and direction they had to work with.

I’d say a sh*t actor and hasn’t his career gone from strength to strength since, think he may even have won another Rasberry. Desperate Disney
Oh boy, Laurence Olivier, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Charlton Heston & Mel Gibson have also won that award.

Guys like Crowe, Connery, Depp, De Niro, Caine, Javier Bardem & Anthony Hopkins have also been nominated for it.

Maybe not the best example to use as a basis for your hate. 🤔

Oh boy, Laurence Olivier, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Charlton Heston & Mel Gibson have also won that award.

Guys like Crowe, Connery, Depp, De Niro, Caine, Javier Bardem & Anthony Hopkins have also been nominated for it.

Maybe not the best example to use as a basis for your hate. 🤔

Exactly. Its ultimately a lighthearted piss take award. Some actors even earn nominations for a Rasberry and an Oscar within the same year, some pretty heavy hitters on this list for example.

I've seen a lot of chatter saying that Vader and Obi-Wan having another duel cheapens their final face-off in ANH and initially I sort of agreed but going back and actually reading the dialogue between them, you can see how they will fit it in.

"I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

It's pretty clear that it can be written that Vader isn't referencing Mustafar at all, he isn't even referencing any of their duels. "When I left you.." Vader didn't even leave Obi-Wan on Mustafar, Obi-Wan left him in the lava so surely he is referencing when Anakin left the Jedi and became Vader? They could have any number of duels between Mustafar and ANH and the line still works.

This is pretty great, a little over the top, but otherwise a gritty duel like i think the series will have...a gritty duel in the dust or in a log cabin, throwing metal cups and plates at each other etc

Love this animation. If only Lucas had access to this tech in ‘77.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a good point that if we're going to see Anakin storming the Temple, we may see the rescue of Grogu.

Nice. From the moment Ahsoka mentioned that, I straight away wondered how/who escaped The Temple and got him out.

Wonder if we will get a Liam Neeson cameo

It's alluded to at the end of Revenge of the Sith, and Liam has already done cameos since.

Hopefully it happens.

Wonder if we will get a Liam Neeson cameo

Wouldn't susprise me, has been rumoured for a while, I'd also expect at some point to see Mace Windu, Samuel L Jackson maintains he lives.

Are you actually surprised that the actor who previously played him is playing him again? Or are you from the school of “tHe pReQueLs sUck aNd hE iS a BaD acToR”? Yawn

Don't understand the hate the prequels get. When you look at the train wreck that was the sequel trilogy the prequels seem like master pieces in comparison haha

I'd rather not see Vader and Obi-Wan interact in real time, the narrative clearly implies Obi-Wan went into hiding after ROTS and it is assumed the Jedi are dead, not that he and Vader interacted multiple times after that. Hoping it's flashback scenes (and I think that's more likely, they wouldn't be hyping up Christensen's return only for him to be under a mask the whole time, anyone could do that).

Last edited:
I'd rather not see Vader and Obi-Wan interact in real time, the narrative clearly implies Obi-Wan went into hiding after ROTS and it is assumed the Jedi are dead, not that he and Vader interacted multiple times after that. Hoping it's flashback scenes (and I think that's more likely, they would be hyping up Christensen's return only for him to be under a mask the whole time, anyone could do that).

They can do mask off vader though, will get a mixture of his normal voice and james earl jones.

I'd rather not see Vader and Obi-Wan interact in real time, the narrative clearly implies Obi-Wan went into hiding after ROTS and it is assumed the Jedi are dead, not that he and Vader interacted multiple times after that. Hoping it's flashback scenes (and I think that's more likely, they would be hyping up Christensen's return only for him to be under a mask the whole time, anyone could do that).

I think there will be flash backs of Anakin but when he fights Obi on Tatooine it will be Vader

In fairness I did see a really cool take lately that the line "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Master" is actually a reference to when Anakin betrayed Obi-Wan, not a literal call back to the last time they saw each other. Especially when it wasn't Anakin who left Obi-Wan on Mustafar so the line rings a bit odd anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back