Movie Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi film (2020) - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a lot of chatter saying that Vader and Obi-Wan having another duel cheapens their final face-off in ANH and initially I sort of agreed but going back and actually reading the dialogue between them, you can see how they will fit it in.

"I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

It's pretty clear that it can be written that Vader isn't referencing Mustafar at all, he isn't even referencing any of their duels. "When I left you.." Vader didn't even leave Obi-Wan on Mustafar, Obi-Wan left him in the lava so surely he is referencing when Anakin left the Jedi and became Vader? They could have any number of duels between Mustafar and ANH and the line still works.
In fairness I did see a really cool take lately that the line "When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the Master" is actually a reference to when Anakin betrayed Obi-Wan, not a literal call back to the last time they saw each other. Especially when it wasn't Anakin who left Obi-Wan on Mustafar so the line rings a bit odd anyway.
giphy-downsized.gif

Oh boy, Laurence Olivier, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Charlton Heston & Mel Gibson have also won that award.

Guys like Crowe, Connery, Depp, De Niro, Caine, Javier Bardem & Anthony Hopkins have also been nominated for it.

Maybe not the best example to use as a basis for your hate.
Sylvester Stallone is hall of fame material and also have two best actor Oscar noms so...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Hope we see a scene in a Tatooine canteena where Obi-Wan and Vader fight a bunch of local rednecks together like in those classic barroom brawls in tv shows like Bonanza. Not mates but for old times sake.
Anakin does all the work when they go to bars, Obi Wan just goes for a drink.

Anakin does all the work when they go to bars, Obi Wan just goes for a drink.

So Obi is sitting there at the bar while Vader is playing pool. Obi tells some big tough local Tatooiner that that guy over there in black thinks youre a pussy. Obi laughs to himself as the big guy goes over to Vader and a fight starts. Obi is satisfied watching Vader beat up the locals, sitting there and saving his whisky bottle as bodies go flying all over the place. But eventually someone accidentally knocks the bottle to the ground. Now Obi is pissed and joins in the fracas. What took you so long, says Vader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No James Earl Jones announcement. Hayden being unmasked seems more likely.

Was just thinking the other day how this will be handled. And I wonder if James Earl Jones recorded a lot of additional dialogue when he came in for Rogue One, perhaps there's already plenty of material in storage. Similar to how a number of scenes were filmed at once for Stan Lee's cameos once he reached a certain age, stored away for future use.

Wonder if theyll bring back Ray Park to play Maul as well, seeing as its canon now in Rebels that Maul and Kenobi fought on Tatooine. Maybe a Vader-Maul interaction too??
Lol don't think so.

There are rumours about an animated series, but don't think Ray Park is coming back.

Sure it will be fun, but won’t lie, am least enthused about the idea of an Obi-Wan/Vader rematch. There’s a clear implication in the movies that the Jedi are thought extinct, therefore that Vader assumed Obi-Wan was dead. Him finding out he’s alive after Order 66 means he has to ‘fake’ his death again.

Not a fan of tinkering with the mythology for fan service. Would prefer Inquisitors hunting Jedi found Obi-Wan but that he kills him before he can report back. You still get the Jedi action without messing with the story too much.

Sure it will be fun, but won’t lie, am least enthused about the idea of an Obi-Wan/Vader rematch. There’s a clear implication in the movies that the Jedi are thought extinct, therefore that Vader assumed Obi-Wan was dead. Him finding out he’s alive after Order 66 means he has to ‘fake’ his death again.

Not a fan of tinkering with the mythology for fan service. Would prefer Inquisitors hunting Jedi found Obi-Wan but that he kills him before he can report back. You still get the Jedi action without messing with the story too much.
Have thought this too, but in ROTS Obi Wan beats Anakin, what would make Vader think Obi Wan is dead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back