Untouchables

Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dont know what the club is thinking but to even consider a trade of Gehrig for Chick makes me shudder.
Others they should try and make sure stayed locked up nice and tight long term are
Hay,Croad,Crawford,Holland,Thompson,Harford
Rawlings,Johnson (impressive kid) and most of the others under 21 years, I really do like the look of most of the kids at the club.
Saying that still doesnt mean I would like to see others like Dixon,Lekkas,McCabe etc go. Just that I dont think they couldnt be covered by others within the club.
smile.gif

gocatsgo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Reading
Steven King, David Spriggs, Ben Graham, Clint Bizzell, Joel Corey, Glen Kilpatrick, Peter Riccardi, Cameron Mooney, Garry Hocking, Tom Harley, David Wocjinski and Cameron Ling.

The rest are open to trade.

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
Paul Kelly, Andrew Dunkley, Michael O'Loughlin, Jason Saddington, Matthew Nicks, Jude Bolton, Greg Stafford, Ben Matthews, Brad Seymour, Jared Crouch, Andrew Schauble, Stephen Doyle and possibly Darryn Cresswell.

The rest of the red and whites are all negotiable.

M

magpie greg

BSA, Surely you jest when you indirectly state that the pillar of club loyalty Robbie Ahmat would be up for a trade?

Do you think Schauble has gome that well, or does he just fill a hole and nothing more? He has always had a pace problem. Maybe it doesnt show as much on the SCG?

Other than that he was onr of my favourite players. I knew him socially as well.

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
I think you are right Greg

The SCG is very small - suits players like Schauble to a tee.

As for Robbie - well, all I will say is that our search for a truely effective goalsneak continues. Robbie is terrific when firing but too many times this season I have seen him miss set shots for goal from the pocket at cruciual times in the match. This sort of stuff should be bread and butter for a guy like Robbie but too often he chokes and misses.

We have seen Craig O'brien come and go, Wade Chapman was injured all the time, Brett Allison was too old, Dale Lewis is a passenger, Robbie Ahmat is close but not quite there.

Our long search for a good goalsneak continues ...

Grendel,

I was very surprised that Hawthorn would be willing to trade Chick + another player like Collica for Gehrig. Gehrig is an enormous talent but he is so inconsistent that I am not sure if it is worth the risk. On our forum (so probably not true) someone suggested that they heard from one of the eagles medical staff that he has a very bad knee and it is doubtful whether it could stand up much longer. Unless Chick really wants to leave, if the choice was not up to me I would not bother. But the way Salmon has performed since crossing to the hawks, it could be a worthwhile investment. (And I am sorry to say but like most saints supporters, we are VERY happy to see Joel Smith playing in the VFL. If ever that was a case of leaving for the money, that was it!)

I will keep this a non-St Kilda post and won't go into potential trades. (But I failed again in that pursuit)
wink.gif

P

Pessimistic

Chicky babe wasn't a favourite of mine but he certainly is this year ! He also looks impressive when on the ball too. I used to think we needed a riccuto but I think we found him.

Note that when he was on kouta and Crawf was on bradley (I think) carlton sacrificed those two players to take chick and Crawf away from the action. Carlton were already stronger.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Dont know what the club is thinking but players i think we should definitly keep are Kemp Jakovich both Materas Cousins Wirripunda Mcintosh White Jones Cummings Gardiner Morrison Metropolis Braun. Umm theres prolly more i think i like all my players too much to get rid of them
smile.gif

dons_r_tops

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2000
Melbourne - but live in WA - Bombers
Other Teams
Bombers
Sandie, You cant get rid of wallis cause who do we have that is not afraid to take out a player in an important match im sure you just blame him for trying to goose step around fraser brown last year, if we were so good why did we not have the game sown up at half time?

sandie

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2000
VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
No you're wrong, sure I was unhappy about that incident, but the reason I don't like him is that until last year he was hopeless,too old & too slow.
He still on occasions thinks he's a young rover.

I think Moorcroft & both Johnsons are capable of being very tough.

------------------
Mantis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sandie

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2000
VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
dons r tops

I don't want us to have players who are there just to take out players, if we have to
take players out to win then we aren't good
enough to win.
I hate it when other teams take out our guys in order to try & win, let's win games on our talent not on thuggery.
I don't mean legal hip & shoulders etc, but Wallis' action in 93 embarrassed me.

------------------
Mantis

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ilija Grgic is our most important player. Despite the fact he is yet to play a game, he is getting old, and the ruck division is fine, he is un-tradeable.

There will be an uproar if the Dons ever get rid of Grgic. God, I hope we don't trade him. We need him.

servo

All Australian
Apr 29, 2000
adelaide
Everyone is open to be traded - at the right price.

My team like all teams have some out & out stars that I would not like to see go. But geez if we were offered say Hird (maybe injury prone) for Rucciutto I would say yes.

If we were offered Cousins & Gehrig for McLeod I would say yes.

Every player is tradeable at the right price. If we could seal a deal where we lose our whole squad and in return get the Bomber squad, I would say yes. Wouldn't you.

The club is bigger than the individual. Team balance is the key. You are only as good as your last game. All these cliches fit when talking trades.

R

Ruby

Originally posted by gocatsgo:
Steven King, David Spriggs, Ben Graham, Clint Bizzell, Joel Corey, Glen Kilpatrick, Peter Riccardi, Cameron Mooney, Garry Hocking, Tom Harley, David Wocjinski and Cameron Ling.

The rest are open to trade.

I think that you may have forgotten Brad Scholl as he was your best and toughest player against the Kangas last night and always puts in whenever I have seen your team play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back