worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
What is the most bizarre or unorthodox punishment you have ever received, whether from a parent, teacher, sports coach, scouts/guide master, whatever.

When I was in grade 4, I was sitting next to a mate in class, and we were fidgetting and nudging each other whenever the teacher turned his back. After a few minutes, he noticed us, and told us to stay in during the recess break. Our punishment was, to write out (two times only) "I must not play handy-pandys."

Teacher made us put our noses on a cross he drew on the board with chalk. Problem was the cross was at a height where you had to contort your body to do it. We had to stay there for 30 mins.

I chased a sheep in a paddock near my house with a stick when I was about 10. My mum then proceeded to chase me around the outside of the house about 5 times with a wooden spoon so I understood the sheep's perspective.

In grade 2 or 3 a mate and I flooded the school toilets by clogging the drains with wet toilet paper. It caused a huge water fight and there was toilet paper/flooding everywhere. The punishment was that I was not allowed to leave class to use the toilets for the rest of the year, no matter what.

Some weeks later in class we were playing some sort of game to do with standing on your chairs, and if you were "out" you had to sit down. The teacher refused several of my requests to use the toilets. I was still "in", in the game, though I soon sat down anyhow. I then crawled underneath my table and all the way to the teacher's desk at the front of the room on my hands and knees, because I had pissed myself. The teacher was stunned, apologised quietly to me, and lead me briskly from the room. He took me to the lost property bin and found me some new pants, and told me to wait about half an hour before returning to class. I later found out he told the class I was in a lot of trouble for some conjured crime, and had to be taken straight to the principal. Good cover Mr G.

The school principal when I was in grade 4 or 5 used to confiscate any Pokemon Cards she got hold of, as they were traded like drugs in dark corners of the playground. When you were summoned to her office, you could see two or three foot high stacks of Pokemon Cards on her desk. It was physically painful to see.

We used to do 15 minutes in the hallway when we were kids. All we did was sit on a chair in this isolated hallway. If you argued, it went up by 15 minutes. I think I got to 45/an hour once.

There was one time I got a punishment of going to bed at normal 'school bed time' on a friday night. Said I would spend the lost 2 hours in the hallway to make up for it. I endure my punishment like a champ, only to be sent to bed early anyway.

In grade 3 when I had language school, during lunch time parents usually come in and bring food for their kids. I had this long wooden pole so I wacked this kid that said something negative to me (using about ~6/10 strength) and he cried, his parents got cut but I ran away. Knowing they couldn't catch up to me they tricked me into thinking they weren't out to get me, I fell for the trap and got too close in proximity, the dad promptly took my wood pole and hit me in the hamstrings with it to teach me a lesson (wasnt full force, slight slapping sting though). His wife got angry at him and all of a sudden I noticed he was consumed by a sudden rush of guilt due to a change in his demeanor. For some reason I promptly snatched the pole out of his hand and duly whacked both him and his son again on the knees as I was making a b-line to the staircase, managed to get away but I remember the muffled curse and screams from the wife resonating up the staircase to this day.

Not sure if I learnt my lesson, now that I think about it, it was probably due to being addicted to adrenaline (escaping authorities) as a child and the fact that language school was poorly supervised so you can get away with stuff.

I had this one teacher I some how pissed off immensely. Was an IT teacher, had it in for me, kicked me out of class for being in task manager cause their shitty computers always froze whilst my mate next to me was putting a bios password on so nobody could access the computer. Got to the point she where she wouldn't even let me in the class, this went on for weeks. Told my parents about it, unfortunately for me, they came to the school to watch. When she didn't let me in, s**t hit the fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got caught cheating in the school cross country in year 6 along with a few mates.

Our punishment was missing a skills session from West Coast star Chris Lewis which was to be held at lunch time the following day. We were made to sit in the library which looked out over the school oval and watch the whole session. The worst thing was most of the blokes who liked and could actually play football were sitting in the library, while all the unco kids were out having a kick with lewie.

The following year we had Spider Burton come out for clinic when he was playing in the subiaco colts team. If you thought he was skinny when he played AFL you should have seen him when he was 18.

I had this one teacher I some how pissed off immensely. Was an IT teacher, had it in for me, kicked me out of class for being in task manager cause their shitty computers always froze whilst my mate next to me was putting a bios password on so nobody could access the computer. Got to the point she where she wouldn't even let me in the class, this went on for weeks. Told my parents about it, unfortunately for me, they came to the school to watch. When she didn't let me in, s**t hit the fan.
this needs further attention

this needs further attention
Sorry to disappoint, but really just a massive argument between my parents, the principal and the teacher in question, in the middles of the schools main court yard. Was pretty funny to watch back then.

The following year we had Spider Burton come out for clinic when he was playing in the subiaco colts team. If you thought he was skinny when he played AFL you should have seen him when he was 18.

Lol, you got a teenage Spider Burton out for a skills session? Would've thought half of you should've been teaching him.

My mum used to always threaten me and my brothers whenever we fought with the punishments her dad would give her.

She said that Gramps made her and her brother kiss each other on the lips as a punishment; so my mum's first kiss was with her brother :(

Also told us a story about how her brother had a friend sleeping over. While those two slept, she pulled a couple of her hairs out and tickled the inside of their noses with them. Her brother woke up, and chased her up with a chef knife. Mum tattled on him, and of course my uncle got in trouble. Being a strict Christian, Gramps made him wash her feet by hand, in front of his friend - (in case no one gets the reference, Jesus stooped low enough to wash the feet of his disciples).

My grandpa is a funny guy :)

Sorry to disappoint, but really just a massive argument between my parents, the principal and the teacher in question, in the middles of the schools main court yard. Was pretty funny to watch back then.

It's always interesting when these situations occur the teacher is never in the wrong, despite the teacher being the source of the problem :rolleyes:

Can't remember what it was for.....but I was locked in the shed for a whole weekend. All I had was a TV and a radio, and had to use a potato sack as a blanket (or cramp myself into a ute cabin).

Another time I wanted to take a day off school, old man got a little angry and made me stay in room all day, not even to go to the loo. He never did find out what happened on another day when the crank on my bike busted before school and I spent all day hiding in the creek. I told them it happened on the way home!

My mum used to always threaten me and my brothers whenever we fought with the punishments her dad would give her.

She said that Gramps made her and her brother kiss each other on the lips as a punishment; so my mum's first kiss was with her brother :(

Also told us a story about how her brother had a friend sleeping over. While those two slept, she pulled a couple of her hairs out and tickled the inside of their noses with them. Her brother woke up, and chased her up with a chef knife. Mum tattled on him, and of course my uncle got in trouble. Being a strict Christian, Gramps made him wash her feet by hand, in front of his friend - (in case no one gets the reference, Jesus stooped low enough to wash the feet of his disciples).

My grandpa is a funny guy :)

Your grandpa sounds like he has some really disturbing fetishes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back