Unusual punishments

Remove this Banner Ad

My parents were pretty hands off sort of people, my other half describes me as being raised with loving neglect, but driving back from Melbourne once, my brother and I were having an almighty row, so my father just stopped the car, ordered us out and drove off. We would have only been about 10 or 11 and the bastard left us there for half an hour. Got to say it worked though, we were pretty low key for the rest of trip.

We had a ban on kicking the footy. Some lame rule about how it could annoy people sitting down or something. Long story short, I grabbed a Burley out of my mates bag, and the teacher thought it was my bag/footy. I and another kid had to sit with four or five teachers in a class. They were watching taped Premier League highlights, so that was unusually good.

My mother took my holographic Charizard and gave it to one of my cousins in Melbourne.

I was shattered.
The school principal when I was in grade 4 or 5 used to confiscate any Pokemon Cards she got hold of, as they were traded like drugs in dark corners of the playground. When you were summoned to her office, you could see two or three foot high stacks of Pokemon Cards on her desk. It was physically painful to see.
This thread really highlights how disgusting humans can be.

I used to eat soap so the punishment wasn't so bad. Also I got hot English mustard but I loved that one.

Didn't involve me directly but heard a good punishment dished out by the late David Hookes when he was coaching Victoria in cricket. One of the players was late for a morning session after a loss, so he made every other player in the squad pad up fully - bat, gloves, thigh pad, chest guard, helmet etc. and run up and down non stop between two cones about 20 metres apart until someone spewed. The catch was that he made the guy who was late just sit to the side and watch his teammates go through hell.

Myself and 3 other mates were caught throwing rocks at each other in about grade 3. The teacher sat us down on the steps outside the principal's office and chased down one of the cleaners. He appeared about 15 minutes later with a massive bin (this was pre wheelie bin days, but about the same size), and dragged us back to the back of the oval where all the rocks were. The 4 of us had to fill up the bin with rocks using only our opposite hand. Once filled, we had to work out how move the bin to the other end of the school and unload it using our opposite hand. Took us about 6-7 school days working every recess. Our arms and backs hurt, and one of the other parents complained. My parents told me to cop my right whack.

Turned out that this teacher had seen kids throwing rocks about 10 years earlier and had observed one innocent girl lose an eye in crossfire.

Remember the 4 of us playing downball one lunch in about grade 5 or 6, and seeing Mr Ryan sit about half a dozen grade 2 kids on the steps, and reappear with 2 massive bins. We nodded to each other like we were long-term hard-arses in H Division.

Went to a brutal school in an outer western suburb of Melbourne. Had one teacher by the name of (I kid you not) Mr. Belcher. When giving kids the strap (which he often did) He would stand on a table and leap from it as he swung the belt onto the victims hand.

Had an art teacher by the name of Mr Morris, who was a partial amputee and had a "claw". If you misbehaved he'd sneak up behind you and tighten said claw on the earlobe.

Got locked in the cupboard for an entire maths lesson once, teacher was a nutter, he used to also be a good shot with the duster and rarely missed the head he was aiming for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teacher made me scrape off all of the disgustingly old chewing gum from under the desks with only a packet of toothpicks for a whole lunch lesson. It was horrible.

Until that point I thought that crap only happened in bad american kids TV shows.

Wasn't a punishment I experienced as such, but my high school had a very odd punishment alternative for anything that warranted suspension. You could either get suspended and have your parents and the school in general know about it, or opt for corporal punishment with a cane (I know, wtf?) and not have anyone know of your indiscretions. The main reason this was odd though was because it was an option all the way up to the late 90s, until the old headmaster retired.

I was tortured and nailed to a cross for breaking commandments or some lame crap. Jacked off to a virgin. My dad said "Im only doing this out of love". Luckily I came alive again on Christmas day. Pisses me off now that when I see people do horrible things like cause war, rape, crime and unspeakable acts they just turn around and expect me to feel sorry for them and me to say "nah mate its ok to do that cos I got nailed to a cross remember?". s**t is ****ed.

Dolores Umbridge wins this game, really.

I_must_not_tell_lies.jpg

This is punishment linked with retribution.

When I travelled to Queensland as a 19 year old with a mate, we stopped off one day at a hostel near the Brisbane CBD. Come evening, and I was feeling relatively bored, and hence decided to go for a walk around the nearby surrounds. I didn't know quite what I'd see, but I just needed to get out of the hostel for a little while.
I had been walking for only a couple of minutes when I spied a mini shopping complex, which had a convenience store still open. I decided it would give me something to do and see, so I crossed the street and had a look. After buying a nougat bar, I continued walking, but after about 20 minutes, decided I would walk back to the hostel. As I crossed the road, I looked behind me to see a dark figure walking behind me. As I progressed closer to the hostel, the dark figure continued to follow me. I was probably about two blocks away from the hostel now, and decided to quicken my pace, without appearing too frightened. I looked over my shoulder as the hostel came into view, and crossed the road, noticing the dark figure still on my tail. As I approached the entrance to the hostel, I looked behind me one last time, and saw the figure jump into a nearby bush next to somebody's residence. I quickly hurried into the hostel, hoping the figure hadn't seen me enter, and thus know where I was staying. A few minutes later I saw my mate, and told him what had happened. He tried to find a reasonable explanation for me as to whom it could have been, saying it maybe was somebody I had accidentally brushed against while walking down the street earlier that day.
I took some time getting to sleep that night, and woke up once during the night, with the thoughts of the stranger still playing on my mind. I even had a pair of scissors positioned near my pillow for good measure.
Later next day, my mate confessed to me that it had in fact been him, doing it just to alleviate his own boredom at sitting around the hostel. I was somewhat irritated as to why he had done this, but any frustration I felt soon vanished when he told me that when had jumped into the bush near the hostel, it had in fact been a prickle bush, and he had to stifle yelling out in pain so I wouldn't recognise his voice.

I can't even remember what I had done but when I was about 10 I ran outside and up a tree in the backyard so mum couldn't get to me with the wooden spoon. Much to my chagrin mum climbed the tree behind me and whacked me while I was in the tree.

When I worked in a Catholic school I remember one teacher informing me about one of his students who regularly displayed an arrogant attitude. After informing the student's parents as to their son's latest unruly behaviour, the father had made the student spend the best part of the previous weekend cleaning bricks.

I wasn't so innocent when I was younger and got quite a few punishments, these are the stranger ones...

- I was happily ripping the wallpaper off our "play room" wall and my older sister dobbed on me. Mum put us both in the bathroom as a punishment, my sister for dobbing and me for, well, ripping the wall paper off the wall.

- Mum wanted me to wear these hideous white overalls to some family function and I refused. Mum then dragged me outside in the nude and made me sit out the front of the house. It felt like hours, but was probably only 10 minutes. Lucky we live in the middle of nowhere and no one saw me.

- I shared a room with my little sister and we would always talk/make noise/be annoying until quite late each night when we were put to bed. My parents used to get so mad and nothing could stop us (me) from staying up so late. As a result dad would threaten that I would have to sleep in the "chook shed", which was on the other side of the yard (about 100 m from the house, scary when your little!). Each night dad would manage to get me further (I would cry for mercy and be taken back to bed). I didn't think he would do it, until one night dad got the door open, the chooks squawking and me screaming holding onto his arm, I didn't manage to be left there. That never happened again (both the chook shed being used as a punishment and me pushing the limits 'that much').

- I was probably only 3/4 and I was being an A grade ratbag. My parents used to threaten calling "the man" to come pick me up. It normally didn't get too far past mum calling "the man" before I settled down. One time, I packed my bags and dad drove me about 3 kms from home and told me to get out and wait for the man. I did and dad 'drove off' (probably 20 meters at 5k/h). A man rode his motorbike over the hill and dad says he has never put the car in reverse as quick as he did that day. The man no longer was used as a punishment. (Mum used to call "Santa" when we were naughty around Christmas time, I proved her wrong when Santa came one Christmas morning after Santa was called, that also was never used on me).

- One time the bus driver (for our usual school bus) wouldn't let me off the bus (at my bus stop)?? He growled at me about something and let me off. I have nfi what I did to annoy him so much?!

A mate of mine once told me how he was once punished by a teacher for being disruptive in class by having to walk to the front of the class and stand with his nose five centimetres away from the blackboard while everyone else carried on working. The teacher would come and check regularly that his nose was never more than two centimetres either way from the specified five centimetres.

A mate of mine once told me how he was once punished by a teacher for being disruptive in class by having to walk to the front of the class and stand with his nose five centimetres away from the blackboard while everyone else carried on working. The teacher would come and check regularly that his nose was never more than two centimetres either way from the specified five centimetres.

I was made to hold a piece of paper against the wall with my nose. Odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back