Travel Unusual Travel Destinations To Visit

What are some lesser visited countries or travel destinations that you would love to visit?

Clearly now is not the time for a leisurely backpack through Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria and southern Turkey but I'd love to visit when things settle down. The culture and archaeology (what's left) is supposedly amazing.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

isamedthegiants

Club Legend
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
What are some lesser visited countries or travel destinations that you would love to visit?

Clearly now is not the time for a leisurely backpack through Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria and southern Turkey but I'd love to visit when things settle down. The culture and archaeology (what's left) is supposedly amazing.
Blacktown.

Got the bullet wounds to prove it too, no doubt?
Did have a knife pulled on me at a house party in Seven Hills. Managed to negotiate with the idiot to put it away though!

Bloody Neville and his "party tricks"
Funnily enough a few months later he was to serve a couple of years for another incidents. Guy had issues but no excuse to pull a weapon though and threaten to gut me. Funnily enough it was the brother of a friend's housemate. He's been in and out a few times, will never learn.

isamedthegiants

Club Legend
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Funnily enough a few months later he was to serve a couple of years for another incidents. Guy had issues but no excuse to pull a weapon though and threaten to gut me. Funnily enough it was the brother of a friend's housemate. He's been in and out a few times, will never learn.
There's a few strange characters out that way.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast

Can probably throw Egypt into that mix.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Wouldn't mind checking out Mogadishu/Somalia. Seriously.

Central Eurasia has some beautiful mountain landscapes (Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan)

Wouldn't mind seeing Namibia in south east Africa.

And for an out of this world experience, I'm sure North Korea would be one hell of a mind blower.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
Franistan chicks are hawt

large.jpg

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Decided next trip is to Eastern Europe. Have done a fair bit but want to see more. Transylvania, Slovenia and Ukraine, including a trip to Pripyat (Chernobyl).

Ive done Mongolia
I have Cuba booked
But I would also like to do North Korea

Was really leaning towards North Korea for this years holiday for a while, but with US-Cuban relations improving, I fast tracked that holiday to this year so I can get in before Capitalism potentially ruins it.

But demand has skyrocketed!
I booked in September last year and by March my tour price skyrocketed by 40%

Rookie

Premiership Player
May 12, 2004
Globetrotting
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't recommend highly enough Georgia, Armenia and Iran. Iran is totes safe unless you're in a restive border region. I want to go back to Iran + see the Stans. Anyone been through there? How did you travel? Tour vehicle or backpacking?
I had an amazing week in Transnistria. Would love to keep the theme up and visit Abkhazia and South Ossetia at some stage too.
What on earth did you do for a week there? I spend a day in Tiraspol and it was a pretty miserable place. Much more to see in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh). I think South Ossetia is pretty difficult to enter but I'd also love to complete the "set" and go to Abkhazia, which is at least set up for tourists. If you're looking for a travel buddy in 2017 or 2018 to get there let me know!
Decided next trip is to Eastern Europe. Have done a fair bit but want to see more. Transylvania, Slovenia and Ukraine, including a trip to Pripyat (Chernobyl).
While in Ukraine don't miss Lviv!

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
What on earth did you do for a week there? I spend a day in Tiraspol and it was a pretty miserable place. Much more to see in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh). I think South Ossetia is pretty difficult to enter but I'd also love to complete the "set" and go to Abkhazia, which is at least set up for tourists. If you're looking for a travel buddy in 2017 or 2018 to get there let me know!

I spent three days in Tiraspol, a day in Bender and two days in Rîbnița. Was fortunate enough to be staying with Couchsurfers who were happy to recommend some less conventional sights, take me to house parties etc.

Back