Unusual ways of supporting your team.

Garlic muncher

Cancelled
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couple of instances here, seen plenty of Dockers and Eagles flags on pretty big flagpoles in peoples house around Perth, but here are a couple of unusual ways of showing support.

Dockers House in Kal

MoCed1w.jpg

Think i snapped this in Wembley Downs, a Claremont footy club Mosaic, which has had some work put in to it.
123h4Fk.jpg

I name my pets after football players. I currently have Henry (Playfair) and Gary (Ablett), however that won't be all that unusual.

More superstitions than anything... I drink my morning coffee out of my Geelong mug on gameday only. If I use it during the week (or forget to use it on gameday), if we lose I blame it solely on the mug. If we still manage to win, I tell myself being superstitious is stupid.

I know schmuttt also has various superstitions too.

If you're a Hawthorn supporter not going to games and donating your scarf to the Good Samaritans seems to be an unusual yet popular way of supporting your team this year.

Garlic muncher

Cancelled
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
BJhy1.png

Not that unusual for a Pies fan, but thought i would post it anyway :)

Last edited:

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I make a prawn and avocado salad with wasabi mayonnaise three days before every Port Adelaide game. 2 prawns, peeled and de-veined with the tails on. 1/2 an avocado roughly diced mixed with a splash of lemon juice, some red chilli, bit of brunoise red onion, some coriander and a pinch of crispy shallots. For the Mayo you whisk up a cutla egg whites in a clockwise motion with 2 tsp wasabi paste, another splash of lemon juice and a bit of Dijon, slowly incorporating about 200ml veg oil. For the prawns you're gonna want to coat them in a mix of egg, milk, flour and bread crumbs and then deep fry them. Yum

What I'll then do is let this feast fester in my jocks and marinate for a few days and then I'll eat it just before the first bounce as a tribute to my Port Adelaide boys

Back