Roast Unwanted AFL records

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sure all AFL clubs likely hold a number of records which they are not proud of or want to be remembered for.

What are some of the unwanted records that each club has the honour of holding?

Port are lucky enough to hold a number of these highly sought after unwanted records.

Including;

Largest GF loss - 119

Largest loss at the MCG - 165 pts V Hawks in 2011.

First club to lose to both the Suns and Giants.

Longest serving coach without a GF appearance.

Largest loss in the AFL era by the premiership team in that year - 2004 v Kangaroos, 92 points.

Largest loss in a home preliminary final.

What are the records that we are least proud that our club holds?
And now you're claiming Gold Coast's history. :/

How about lowest ever score in an SANFL grand Final (1.6 vs North Adelaide in 1905)

And now you're claiming Gold Coast's history. :/

Well when the thread title and discussion is on unwanted records, then yes, Port were the first club to lose to both expansion teams when they were generally uncompetitive.

Unless you are suggesting GC wanted to actually lose and we’re disappointed in getting their first win? Or that another club perhaps wanted to be the first to lose to them and are therefor disappointed that Port lost first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny no-one has mentioned the Saints?

I think they may have one or two unwanted records…. but not sure..

St Kilda are a strong contributor to this thread.

They hold the record for the 3 lowest scores and 5 of the top 6 lowest.

Hold the record for loosing after having the biggest halftime lead before being overcome.

Record for consecutive away game losses at 53.

Record for the most losses with 1 win in between - 48L, W, followed by another 27 loses.

Record of most consecutive games scoring less than 100 - 172

And there is many others which they are just beaten out by University.

Wondering if Hawthorns 6 losses already while leading at quarter time is a record? Very hard to verify that

This thread taught me your first win was against us and we returned serve with the grand final

Maybe you will beat Gold Coast by a point short of the record in a GF someday

Haha I found that somewhat ironic that our first win was against you guys only for you repay us with a lifetime of pain following that day.

Think our best chance of another team removing our name from that record was Rich v GWS. We were so hopeful at halftime!

Does anyone know the record for most goal-less quarters in a season? North must be getting close already (at least in the AFL era).

Goalless qtrs are a Port Hinkley special. We even have a thread on our board to count them as they are so common under him.

As of rnd 14 we had 8 for the year but no idea what the record is. Would assume the Saints from the early days hold that too.

Goalless qtrs are a Port Hinkley special. We even have a thread on our board to count them as they are so common under him.

As of rnd 14 we had 8 for the year but no idea what the record is. Would assume the Saints from the early days hold that too.
We have actually had a lot less than I thought, none in the first seven rounds. I think we now have eight.
I didn't count the one-goal quarters, maybe 10-12.

We have actually had a lot less than I thought, none in the first seven rounds. I think we now have eight.
I didn't count the one-goal quarters, maybe 10-12.

It gets even worse for us if I count goalless quarters and quarters with only 1 goal scored.

This year we are already up to 18...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back