unwwilling rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

nearlyblonde

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the oh so prolific Docker posters to our Rivals board had great delight today in saying that the Collingwood kid we drafted wants nothing to do with the Eagles. In fact, he ain`t coming!!

If this is so, is that the end of it and stiff cheddar, or can we take a replacement. Even as I write it sounds ridiculous, but it just doesn`t seem fair to be one down cos precious doesn`t wanna come.

Yes - I heard on Radio yesterday Trevor Sprigg saying that yes, Brent Tuckey had said he wanted no part in coming over here, and wanted to play in Sth Australia instead.

I was going to post that info here, then realised if I had, I would have been abused, so I let it go ... I wonder what had happened if one of Freo's rookies had done that?

Damn, I can see the 100 post thread of abuse right now ...

I'm not particularly surprised. From his profile on the AFL website he sounded a total ******** and add the factor that he didn't train with us as well. Oh well, who gives? He wasn't going to play for us anyway so its no great loss.

I find this hard to believe.

Why would Tuckey give up his second chance at AFL, and instead go play SANFL (especially weird considering he's a Victorian)?

But if it is true, the solution is pretty simple.
It would just involve Dean Buszan dying his hair black and answering to the name Brent from now on.

We get rid of a knob head and gain the young, talented and extremely hansom (added that one for Kuep) Dean Buszan.

Win-Win situation.

On the contrary Keup, any factual, non-abusive relevant info is welcomed. It must be the xmas spirit coming out in you since your post was absent of any profanities. Well done.Have a merry xmas.

And if those rumours about tuckey are true, we should keep him and use him as a human step ladder for Wilson at training.

The eagles should just let the lil bugger go. I don't think anyone would really care, especially not on this forum. Maybe the eagles should lobby the AFL to ban him for several years, teach the SOB a lesson on life in the real world.

I can't believe the eagles would draft him without interviewing him first! I hope its just a rumour with no substance.

Have I read that Tuckey doesn't want to play for the Eagles on the official AFL website? NO!

Have I read that Tuckey doesn't want to play for the Eagles on the clubs official website? NO!

Would I believe something that Docker Frocker trolls have started, on a Rivals board? NO!

I rest my face:D

Well i cant really see any truth in this rumor. He's a Vic but he wants to give up his last chance at AFL footy to play in Sth Australia??? If people just make up rumors this was a badly thought out one.

Anyway if it true, who gives a ****, not like he was gonna get a game.

If this is true, then we just wipe the little bugger from our lists and get a real player....some kid who understands the words commitment and dedication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kuep, why are you so defensive when you post on our boards?

One as intelligent, suave and diplomatic as you obviously are should easily be able to read between the lines of the odd questionable post (abuse wise) and know that we love you to bits over here.

Have a safe and happy festive season.

I wouldve thought the club wouldve asked Tuckey before drafting him if he wanted to play for us

If its true that he doesnt wanna play for us, then its partly the clubs fault

Oh well, from what ive heard its no real loss

I E-Mailed Gary Stocks about this, and he hadn't heard anything about Tuckey refusing to join the club.

He recons Tuckey was planning to play footy in SA, but that was before the Eagles selected him.

He sounded pretty sure that Tuckey was indeed coming over.

Originally posted by nearlyblonde
kuep, why are you so defensive when you post on our boards?
I know I shouldnt, as apart from a couple of small minded main offenders, the vast majority here are decent people, with decent views .. I'll make a new years resolution to take a deep brerath, and leave the trolls under the bridge alone ;)
One as intelligent, suave and diplomatic as you obviously are should easily be able to read between the lines of the odd questionable post (abuse wise) and know that we love you to bits over here.
Oh stop it, you made me blush now ... see gents, nearly blonde here can see the real me, why so negative! :D
Have a safe and happy festive season.
And to you and yours - let me tell you, that ladder has come in quote handy too - thanks for the lend ;)

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, then I think he has to stand out of football, doesn't he?

The Eagles (and the AFL) shouldn't give in to this sort of behaviour.
At the end of the day, surely, the player must have right of refussal, and if he doesnt want to play top level football (ie AFL) the opportunity must exsist to ply one's trade in 'lesser' leagues - as long as another AFL club doesnt benefit - wheres the issue?

I must admit, I still have heard nothing more on the issue myself, so perhaps it was only speculation, asI did only catch the tail end of the Interview - so perhaps all is now well anyway?

Time, as always, will tell.

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz
Why would Tuckey give up his second chance at AFL, and instead go play SANFL (especially weird considering he's a Victorian)?

Better money, and probably a better chance of being drafted, maybe.

Also, players do have right of refusal.....a few Port players were drafted in the early nineties, but decided not to go to the club that picked them up, and kept playing in the SANFL.

A good discussion point, I could be wrong but I thought that when you registered for the draft you would have to agree to the terms set out by the AFL and I would be surprised if it did'nt say that on signing you agree to go to the side that takes you.

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz
I find this hard to believe.

Maybe because most of us Vics wouldn't want to live in the hellhole that is Perth. :D

Seriously though, he obviously thinks his best chance to get a run in the AFL is to play in the second best league in the country.

Why would he want to play in the WAFL? The WAFL is irrelevent.

How many WAFL players (excluding U/18) are drafted by southern state teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back