Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often heard people say things like 'oh it could be worse, we could be Villa or Portsmouth' etc. As some form of comparison that things aren't that bad at Arsenal.

Have always found it a bit ridiculous to stretch it that far, they're very unrealistic situations. It's not an apples v apples comparison. Of course it's not that bad. But it's such a cop out and loser's mentality to use that as some form of justification of the current status of the club.

It's a weak excuse. No wonder Sanchez wants out, he's a winner and deserves to be at club that shares the desire to win.

Even continually using Spurs as a yardstick, who ******* cares. We should have the ambition to win things, and the mentality to do so. Not finishing higher than a local rival.

Wenger has conditioned his worshippers that scraping into the top 4 is still an acceptable outcome. Perhaps in 2012, but not in 2017.

I mean, Theo Walcott was our captain yesterday. ******* hell. That says it all.

This article also hit the nail on the head.

http://www.football365.com/news/six-reasons-why-its-really-time-to-go-arsene

Sorry, but to me it's supporters carrying on like spoilt brats, ones brought up on Henry and the 49 in a row. I went through it with sheedy, it's a waste of time. I'm just sitting back laughing at the reaction. He's gunna go sooner or later, and sorry I will bring up the Villa and Leeds situations as there we have supporters really doing it tough.

Amazing how much better sides like Juventus are than us considering they operate on similar or less of a budget.

Dollars wise we might operate on a similar budget but we don't have the luxury of taking our direct opponents best players. They have it far easier than we do when it comes to fighting for players signature's.

Last edited:
Dollars wise we might operate on a similar budget but we don't have the luxury of taking our direct opponents best players. They have it far easier than we do when it comes to fighting for players signature's.

Yeah your right about the luxury thing. Still it does not help when we pay the likes of Walcott more than they pay Dybala. They also have one of the top managers in the world and we have Arsene Wenger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why do you keep drawing comparison between Arsenal and a championship team?
Because the way a lot of fans are carrying on its as if it's the end of the world when there are hundreds of teams who would love to switch positions with us such as villa. Now there is a bunch of supporters who are doing it hard.
Suck it up.

Because the way a lot of fans are carrying on its as if it's the end of the world when there are hundreds of teams who would love to switch positions with us such as villa. Now there is a bunch of supporters who are doing it hard.
Suck it up.

Nah. You're projecting. And sensationalising.

What you see as 'carrying on like it's the end of the world' or 'crying like spoilt brats' is a deflection tactic in my experience. The AKBs try and use this to deflect attention from the incompetence at hand. And Wenger's idiocy.

Of course it's not the end of the word. It's just a game of football. First world problems. I know that.

But trying to invalidate it by scattered and useless comparisons to things like championship clubs, or Sheedy etc is irrelevant. They have nothing to do with Arsenal's current failures and trying to cite them as a measure of acceptance is, as I've said, a loser's mentality.

Is Arsenal underachieving? * yes. Is it life and death? Hell no. Let's not sensationalise.

Perhaps suck it up that some fans aspire to greater success for the club than simply finishing above a local rival.

Suck it up.
Do you mean fans on here or that attend games? If you mean fans at games I can see what you mean when they chant that players are not fit to wear the shirt.

Nah. You're projecting. And sensationalising.

What you see as 'carrying on like it's the end of the world' or 'crying like spoilt brats' is a deflection tactic in my experience. The AKBs try and use this to deflect attention from the incompetence at hand. And Wenger's idiocy.

Of course it's not the end of the word. It's just a game of football. First world problems. I know that.

But trying to invalidate it by scattered and useless comparisons to things like championship clubs, or Sheedy etc is irrelevant. They have nothing to do with Arsenal's current failures and trying to cite them as a measure of acceptance is, as I've said, a loser's mentality.

Is Arsenal underachieving? **** yes. Is it life and death? Hell no. Let's not sensationalise.

Perhaps suck it up that some fans aspire to greater success for the club than simply finishing above a local rival.
Let's agree to disagree, love the local rival dig, until they actually do something on the trophy front I'll still say we own them.

Let's agree to disagree, love the local rival dig, until they actually do something on the trophy front I'll still say we own them.

Which is fine. I know you get a laugh of St Totts, Sp*rsday night football, your mate at work, losing to Genk etc.

No problem if you're content with that. But you need to accept that many other fans aspire for genuine success, not these small victories.

Which is fine. I know you get a laugh of St Totts, Sp*rsday night football, your mate at work, losing to Genk etc.

No problem if you're content with that. But you need to accept that many other fans aspire for genuine success, not these small victories.

I just aspire for us to genuinely compete against our supposed rivals. We haven't in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back