Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of this passing is park standard.

I like AMN's dribbling. Should have scored there.
So much better in midfield than at RB/LB, I'd be happy to see him get some games in the PL playing there.

Rotated 9 or so players and got the win, what we need to do at this stage of the competition. Save the big dogs for the finals ala United last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much better in midfield than at RB/LB, I'd be happy to see him get some games in the PL playing there.

Rotated 9 or so players and got the win, what we need to do at this stage of the competition. Save the big dogs for the finals ala United last year.

Agreed. He was just wedged into a wing back position just to squeeze him into the XI, something Wenger does so often. He didn't seem comfortable there this morning.

Iwobi wasn't all that impressive in midfield. Can't remember the last time he played a good game, it's been a while.

Agreed. He was just wedged into a wing back position just to squeeze him into the XI, something Wenger does so often. He didn't seem comfortable there this morning.

Iwobi wasn't all that impressive in midfield. Can't remember the last time he played a good game, it's been a while.
Yeah Iwobi had a stinker, didn't present for the ball enough and didn't do much with it when he got it. He's better in a wide role where he isn't relied upon to make the play. Games like this make you realise just how good Ozil is.

Based on what I've seen of him I think AMN would be our best option alongside Xhaka & Ramsey in a midfield 3 (which I'm convinced we will revert back to very soon as we did in the 2nd half this morning), just as solid as Elneny but much more skillful and creative.

Yeah Iwobi had a stinker, didn't present for the ball enough and didn't do much with it when he got it. He's better in a wide role where he isn't relied upon to make the play. Games like this make you realise just how good Ozil is.

Based on what I've seen of him I think AMN would be our best option alongside Xhaka & Ramsey in a midfield 3 (which I'm convinced we will revert back to very soon as we did in the 2nd half this morning), just as solid as Elneny but much more skillful and creative.

F365 just posted an article about the same thing, reverting back to 4 at the back. A very good read.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-a-necessary-shock-to-arsenals-three-man-system

F365 just posted an article about the same thing, reverting back to 4 at the back. A very good read.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-a-necessary-shock-to-arsenals-three-man-system
"They barely created a single meaningful chance in the first half. Their three highest passers were central defenders Nacho Monreal (50), Rob Holding (50) and Per Mertesacker (49), who were often forced to recycle possession between themselves. Alex Iwobi was neat in central midfield, but neither he nor Mohamed Elneny provided anything approaching a link from defence to attack."

This is the big problem with the back 3, creates a vast gap between the midfield and defence and without the likes of Xhaka coming to receive the ball deep we had no penetration through the middle of the pitch. Isn't as much of an issue with Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil on the pitch as they are all far more capable of providing that but the second half performance showed how much improved we are against teams that sit deep with a 4-3-3 system.

I still think the back 3 has it's place against some of the better teams (I think we'll see it on Sat against Chelsea), but against the weaker opponents we basically have a third CB sitting there for no reason when a deep lying midfielder could do the same job but also be involved in the build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back