Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the win in Jan 2015 at City, we are 0-6-9 in 15 away League games against Chelsea, City, Spurs, United and Liverpool.

That's a terrible stat. The poor record would date back further than that though, but we were able to beat up on the mid/lower table sides which was sufficient to achieve a top 4 result.

Huge NLD coming up.

That's a terrible stat. The poor record would date back further than that though, but we were able to beat up on the mid/lower table sides which was sufficient to achieve a top 4 result.

Huge NLD coming up.

Yeah it would date back further sadly, as the 13-14 season was the year we copped the 6-0, 6-3 & 5-1 defeats lol.

Yeah it would date back further sadly, as the 13-14 season was the year we copped the 6-0, 6-3 & 5-1 defeats lol.

Those huge defeats were partly due to Wenger's shape, continuing with a high line even though we continued to get trounced. But the 2-0 away win at City was meant to be a turning point.

He was happy to concede possession and tacticly got it right. The shape was on point. It's all gone to s**t from there, that was a flash in the pan. He is so tactically inept now that you can almost tell what's going to happen the moment you read the line up.

Also, this was great:

Blaming referees for your own deficiencies
“I would say, overall, once again the referee made the decision today with a soft penalty and an offside goal,” said Arsene Wenger after defeat to Manchester City.

I get it. I understand that managers blaming referees allows them to avoid both introspection and the prying questions of the media. It allows the manager to control the headline, because blaming officials always sells well. But it stinks.

Manchester City’s third goal was fractionally offside, with David Silva’s leg hanging beyond the last man. But that did not mean that Arsenal had to stop playing and expect a whistle that never came. It was also not the reason Arsenal lost the game.

“We are used to it. Last year we had two offside goals against us and now once again.”

Oh spare me the sob story, Arsene. That line of “we are used to it” is so utterly pathetic from a high-level Premier League manager. We are used to Arsenal losing against the best teams and folding when put under any concerted pressure. We’re also used to Wenger’s team selection and misguided loyalty to certain players making far more difference to Arsenal’s seasons than refereeing decisions.

“I feel they don’t work enough. The referees don’t work enough, their levels drop every season at the moment. Overall, it’s unacceptable what happens.”

Yeah, this is where I really got angry.

Referees get decisions wrong. They are only human, and I would urge you to try The Times’ recent video game where you play the role of the assistant referee giving offsides for evidence of just how hard it is to do even one aspect of the job in isolation, and under no pressure.

But they are not alone. Players get things wrong, such as Nacho Monreal getting the wrong side of Raheem Sterling and bundling into him. Managers get things wrong, such as leaving the best striker on the bench for a huge away game in favour of Alex Iwobi, before watching said striker score after being introduced as a substitute. Wenger is currently being paid £8m a year for the privilege of that wisdom, and Arsenal have already lost four games this season. That’s two more than Burnley, with similar fixtures.

To say referees make mistakes is one thing, but to say that they don’t work hard enough is another. It accuses them of a lack of professionalism which is unacceptable. And Wenger owes them an apology.

Being a referee has never been harder, especially in a league steeped in dishonesty where players and managers appeal for every ball. They are constantly abused by players, managers and supporters, which has set the tone for that culture to be replicated at grassroots level. In turn, that has led to a shortage of referees across English football.

So the next time Wenger wonders why he thinks refereeing standards may be dropping, perhaps he could embark on a little introspection. Victimising them and making them the scapegoat for your own inadequacies makes you part of the problem, not part of the cure.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-78

Nothing new from these two. Didn't even acknowledge the fans who've trekked 200 miles to watch 90 mins of that crap - a majority of whom earn less in a year than Ozil/Sanchez do in a ******* week. Adding to this, whenever Ozil is substituted he walks off as slowly as possible with a face like a slapped ass, rarely appreciating the standing ovation he's receiving from Gooners. Pathetic.

His off-field comments/social media presence is always positive, but actions sure as hell speak louder than words.

Nothing new from these two. Didn't even acknowledge the fans who've trekked 200 miles to watch 90 mins of that crap - a majority of whom earn less in a year than Ozil/Sanchez do in a ******* week. Adding to this, whenever Ozil is substituted he walks off as slowly as possible with a face like a slapped ass, rarely appreciating the standing ovation he's receiving from Gooners. Pathetic.

His off-field comments/social media presence is always positive, but actions sure as hell speak louder than words.

We'll be better off once they're gone. Not much better, but better nonetheless. Culture takes precedence over playing ability every day of the week, and our culture with these two pissants around is as bad as any in professional sport.

Would we be any hope of getting Nabil Fekir ? Guy is a legit baller.
You'd think he and Lemar would be at the top of Wenger's wishlist to replace the two pissants. Would be a tall order to lure either of them to Shambles FC, though.

If Wilshlad defies the odds and has a full, inform season, the higher-ups may not consider replacing Ozil to be a necessity.

Yeah it's not a good look, consistently marching off the pitch as soon as the final whistle blows. Really doesn't take that much of an effort to acknowledge the fans, but they still rarely do it.

Sanchez and Ozil really are becoming more and more distant as the season wears on. January's window is on the horizon and perhaps should cash them both in (although it would be a major backflip for not selling them in the summer window).

It won't happen, but Wilshere should start the NLD ahead of Ozil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a watch/listen. DT argues that players regress under Arsene's instruction. Gives examples of Mustafi, Gabriel, and Xhaka.

I strongly believe Ozil fits into the category as well. He has been a shadow of his pre-2013 self for a vast majority of his Arsenal career. In the last 5 years, he's been a source of on-off debate correlating with his form, with defenders of his relying heavily on:

- statistical analysis which technically refute views claiming his influence is minimal
- his 'unique role' as traditional number 10, and,
- the contrast in quality around him between Madrid/Arsenal XI's.

For me, his regression is partially down to the most latter point, but also due to the incompetence of Arsene Wenger. Ozil was one of my favourite players in world football prior to his shock move - his mind-blowing performance against Australia in South Africa will be forever etched in my memory. I've been an Ozil supporter through the good and the bad; from his display against Everton in the FA Cup to his shocking performances away to big teams in the Prem and around Europe. I can no longer label him a world-class player, though. Heck, he's not even a star player nowadays in my opinion. Simply a good player capable of producing some moments of class when the track is flat (which I believe PendlePie once said). Watching De Bruyne thrive under Guardiola's system at City has been the ultimate confirmation to my Ozil doubts.

Feel free to disagree - differing views underpin internet forums such as BF.

It's great, yet difficult to watch highlights such as these pop onto your twitter feed:

Phenomenal. Peak Mesut Ozil. I really hope he can rediscover that kind of form at his new club.

Worth a watch/listen. DT argues that players regress under Arsene's instruction. Gives examples of Mustafi, Gabriel, and Xhaka.

I strongly believe Ozil fits into the category as well. He has been a shadow of his pre-2013 self for a vast majority of his Arsenal career. In the last 5 years, he's been a source of on-off debate correlating with his form, with defenders of his relying heavily on:

- statistical analysis which technically refute views claiming his influence is minimal
- his 'unique role' as traditional number 10, and,
- the contrast in quality around him between Madrid/Arsenal XI's.

For me, his regression is partially down to the most latter point, but also due to the incompetence of Arsene Wenger. Ozil was one of my favourite players in world football prior to his shock move - his mind-blowing performance against Australia in South Africa will be forever etched in my memory. I've been an Ozil supporter through the good and the bad; from his display against Everton in the FA Cup to his shocking performances away to big teams in the Prem and around Europe. I can no longer label him a world-class player, though. Heck, he's not even a star player nowadays in my opinion. Simply a good player capable of producing some moments of class when the track is flat (which I believe PendlePie once said). Watching De Bruyne thrive under Guardiola's system at City has been the ultimate confirmation to my Ozil doubts.

Feel free to disagree - differing views underpin internet forums such as BF.

It's great, yet difficult to watch highlights such as these pop onto your twitter feed:

Phenomenal. Peak Mesut Ozil. I really hope he can rediscover that kind of form at his new club.

See your never going to attempt something like with Giroud as your no 9 are you ?

Wouldnt play Ozil against the scum from down the road this weekend, Bloke doesn't have the ticker required, doesn't track back defensively etc. and we'd be better off playing Wilsh who actually gets what it means to wear an Arsenal badge and represent the club properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back