Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look too bad, precautionary as expected with that scoreline. He dribbles like he has no weight on his feet anyway so shouldn't miss anything from it
Ozil assisted Walcott?
With Cazorla, didn't he get subbed off straight after his almost full pitch assist for Ozil's goal? It was about 3:30 in the morning so my memory could be a bit hazy. If he's able to make those sort of passes with his injury we shouldn't be too worried.

Yes I think he came off straight after that pass/goal. Certainly looked like a precaution, if the game wasn't in the bag already then perhaps could've played on.

Always good to give a team a drubbing and it happens far too infrequently. Full credit to Ludogorets they played some decent football but were absolutely rubbish at defending and got roasted on the counter. Also good for the Ox to get a goal, I really want him to achieve his potential but he is such a frustrating player. Which goal was the Ozil assist for? I was looking out for who was making key passes in the goals but must have missed him.

Also was Xhaka is the squad? Domestic suspensions don't count for european games I thought.

Yes he was in the squad, an unused sub. I thought he may have started today given he won't play on the weekend. Interesting that Elneny came on instead, perhaps a message there from Wenger.

Yes he was in the squad, an unused sub. I thought he may have started today given he won't play on the weekend. Interesting that Elneny came on instead, perhaps a message there from Wenger.

Yeah I thought that at first too but assumed Wenger would want to give Coq some minutes before starting him on the weekend. Or maybe Coq is just his favourite.

Yeah I thought that at first too but assumed Wenger would want to give Coq some minutes before starting him on the weekend. Or maybe Coq is just his favourite.

Yes he seems to prefer Coq at this stage partnering Cazorla, perhaps thinking Xhaka is a bit too similar to Cazorla for now.

He's really not. He's definitely regressed from his hot year, and even then I'm not sure his hot year was any more than on par with Xhaka.
Admittedly I hadn't seen much of Xhaka prior to this season, but as a DM I prefer Coq's energy and pressing. Xhaka's passing and shooting ability is miles ahead though. I think rotating them depending on the opponent will benefit us greatly as they have alternating strengths that suit different challenges.

Watched the replay last night. That was fun!

Could easily have been 15-1. Every time we went forward, we looked like we were going to score, particularly in the second half.

I don't know what the aliens have done with the real Theo, but we'll keep this version for a while longer thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016%2f10%2fCL-TOTW.jpg

Agreed, statistically he had a brilliant game but watching it I'd give him more like a 7.5.
Agreed. 7.5-8. That ball across the box in the first half (about 20 mins in?) that should have gone to an unmarked Theo, less than 5 yards out, but missed him by the same margin, was horrendous.

Generally a very good game tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back