Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we have all been a little harsh on Emery but it’s getting to the point now where the question must be asked if he’s improved our team? I feel like he needs perhaps another summer window but we aren’t really showing any real progression to make me thing things will change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have all been a little harsh on Emery but it’s getting to the point now where the question must be asked if he’s improved our team? I feel like he needs perhaps another summer window but we aren’t really showing any real progression to make me thing things will change
Can't see another transfer window helping him. He can't seem to get any sort of cohesion with the guys on the pitch and makes perplexing selection and substitute decisions.

Can't see another transfer window helping him. He can't seem to get any sort of cohesion with the guys on the pitch and makes perplexing selection and substitute decisions.
That’s my point. Even if he has another window and gets who he wants to fix areas we need to, Will he still improve the team? I don’t think so either

His reasoning of not starting tierney is a little strange stating that kolasinac has done nothing to warrant getting dropped, the problem is he hasn't exactly been outstanding either, tierney looks a lot better why not just give him a run at it? Doen't make a lot of sense imo, away form is just as bad as it was under wenger, there's no real improvement at all really so far

Getting more and more difficult to defend these line ups. Just what the hell. Luiz, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Xhaka are all inferior options to what is available on the bench or the squad.

And the tactics themselves just aren’t conducive to breaking these teams down away. The final few minutes was predictably disappointing.

I remember we won a goal kick at around the 87th or 88th minute. I said to myself “don’t play out from the back”. Seconds later, Leno knocks it sideways and we spend 30 seconds going from fullback to fullback.

My 5 year old simply said “this is shithouse”. Yep, you nailed it buddy.

Was quite happy to give emery a bit of time to stamp himself on our squad... but we are going backwards... if the results don't change he will be a dead man walking soon enough.

League fixtures December 10 to Jan 11 will be the end of Emery, we have 4 away games against Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Palace. 3 home games vs City, United and Chelsea. Personally I could see us having a horror stretch with only 1 or 2 wins in that period over the Christmas and New Year period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back