Not open for further replies.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Points taken from Ornstein’s piece. Un-*******believable. ALL MEMBERS OF ARSENAL’S TOP BRASS ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

What an absolute ******* pisstake. The fans of this club are being collectively dragged through the mud. Missing out on UCL a certainty now. 4 ******* straight years out of it. I’m done - don’t know what else to think, let alone say anymore.

670FA560-F2ED-4AD9-82EB-2E01901342A7.jpeg

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
glenferry23 so apparently, if (lol) we make the top 4 this season, a third year for Emery is triggered as per that reported clause.

If not, then he departs at no cost to Arsenal.

Yes I’m expecting more and more of this to leak through Ornstein at the right time (ie, when the club asks him to).

They will probably also ask him to write a few pieces here and there about how United have fared since departing with multiple managers since SAF (conditioning fans that Emery should still see out this initial tenure however the club has the clause to cease his contract next summer if we fail to make top 4).

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I wonder if last night's Ornstein piece is the board's method of gauging Arsenal fan reaction to him staying.

Chelsea & Leicester have both cut through a few managers recently, and both are now in enviable positions. Just because United haven't struck gold yet, doesn't mean we can't after a 6 month search while Freddie tries to steer the ship.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I wonder if last night's Ornstein piece is the board's method of gauging Arsenal fan reaction to him staying.

Chelsea & Leicester have both cut through a few managers recently, and both are now in enviable positions. Just because United haven't struck gold yet, doesn't mean we can't after a 6 month search while Freddie tries to steer the ship.

Liverpool kept trying and cut managers loose until they eventually landed Klopp.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I mean yeah but Rodgers also almost won the league in between poor seasons, he was hardly a complete flop.

I agree but Liverpool still moved him on when they saw they could get one of the best managers in the world in Klopp, shows the difference between a club with ambition and a club like ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I think it'd be a great thing to see if Xhaka were to man up, work hard and reconnect with the fanbase.

He doesn't strike me as the sort to possess such character, though. And that's a pretty big reason as to why I wouldn't be fussed should he depart.

Jan 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We haven't looked any better without him in the side, given the choice I'd take Emery out 10x before Xhaka.
Agree, but all the noise from the club is that they believe he's the right man for the job and will be given till the summer.
Generally when the manager/coach gets the 'complete confidence of the board' it's the kiss of death. You'd think he'd have at least till next month to turn things around.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Will be interesting times negotiating with Gazidis over Xhaka, I cant see him playing again at Arsenal so hope a deal can be done early in January.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Apparently Emery has been given a month to save his job.

LOL so they've given him fixtures against 4 bottom 10 teams to prove himself ? I think we'll drop points in the next 4, but even if we scrape by we'll go close to winless in the six fixtures following if Emery is still at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back