Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream on
Man City's European ban

Is the race for the top four now a race for the top five?
Heading into this weekend's games, Chelsea had a two-point advantage over Sheffield United in the battle for the fourth Champions League place.
It is not entirely clear what will happen if City are excluded but if Uefa decide to retain England's four spots and the team in fifth gets the spare one, a fascinating battle will be in process.
From Sheffield United in fifth to Crystal Palace in 14th, there are just nine points separating 10 teams. From looking to have no chance of getting back into the Champions League, Arsenal will be back in with a shot.

Only seen highlights so far, the mood certainly lifted after the first goal. Not sure how long its been since Lacazette scored, but nice to break his drought and could see the relief he had (and the players around him knew it too).

Good to see a win, and a clean sheet.

We are still sitting in 10th though which is concerning IMO.

Positive goal difference though Cruyff! +2 after languishing in negative territory for a long time. Small victories at the moment ;)

We now know to whom Ferguson gave his hair dryer. Arteta has been very methodical up to now and set the standards very high and he's given players confidence in showing trust and confidence in them. He is now turning the screws and those who don't respond, they get no second chances now - it's complete application and professionalism every day or they're out.

Ozil and Torreira to miss Olympiacos.

Mesut due to become a dad again imminently apparently and Torreira is ill.

We should be able to get the job done still anyway I'd imagine.

I read that if Torreira significantly improves, he will fly to Athens for the game.

Not sure if that’s necessary though. Ceballos and Nketiah probably deserve to retain their starts.

10pm local time kick off. Obviously for prime time viewing in England, but that’s always a bit harsh on the local fans.

Also, a little over 9 years ago since we beat Barcelona at home.

A bit nostalgic to relive. And a bit sad considering 9 years later, we haven’t really achieved something similar or emulated this. No longer even in that completion.

But anyway, for what it’s worth I lost my s**t when Arshavin nailed the winner. I remember at the time thinking Nasri held it too long, but I was wrong. He knew just what he was doing. Have probably only lost it that much since, when Henry scored against Leeds.

I’ll also say Messi was (and still is) something else. He was unbelievable, the way the ball seems glued to his feet. Ran rings around our defence and on another night he would’ve had 4 goals (like he did to us eventually).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave the ball away far too many times in those closing minutes. Leno earned that clean sheet, some crucial saves to keep out Valbuena.

Win, away goal, clean sheet. Nice little smash and grab job overall.

A win's good, but jeepers, we should have put that tie to bed in the last 10 minutes.

Leno was excellent apart from that spill off Valbuena's FK.

And we've dead set found one in Saka. Not sure Tierney gets his spot back any time soon.

A win's good, but jeepers, we should have put that tie to bed in the last 10 minutes.

Leno was excellent apart from that spill off Valbuena's FK.

And we've dead set found one in Saka. Not sure Tierney gets his spot back any time soon.
Did Tierney ever even have a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back