Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
City weren't great but we just didn't do enough in the final third to get anything out of it. Thought Saka was fantastic, Tierney good and Gabriel solid defensively.

Willian false 9 was horrendous, Partey not starting very frustrating, Arteta is frustrating me team selection wise.

Our record away at the big six in the league since Jan 2015 now extends to 0-10-19 in our last 29 games sadly.

I knew our record would make for ugly reading, that’s however worse than I thought. To go winless in 29 games is very poor.

Coincidentally I believe that last win was actually at the Etihad? 2-0 away I recall, we absolutely clicked that day. Coquelin with just about the game of his life upon returning to the club.

I’m feeling like Willian has been a bit disappointing since his first game.

Yes I tend to agree. The main problem I had with his signing is the length of the contract - 3 years just doesn’t seem to be a wise decision.

Don’t mind him otherwise however this wasn’t a great move by Arteta to deploy him like we saw this morning.

I knew our record would make for ugly reading, that’s however worse than I thought. To go winless in 29 games is very poor.

Coincidentally I believe that last win was actually at the Etihad? 2-0 away I recall, we absolutely clicked that day. Coquelin with just about the game of his life upon returning to the club.

Yes I tend to agree. The main problem I had with his signing is the length of the contract - 3 years just doesn’t seem to be a wise decision.

Don’t mind him otherwise however this wasn’t a great move by Arteta to deploy him like we saw this morning.
Part of it is because I felt like we are set up so defensively that he can’t flourish so he’s almost better left on the bench for someone else.

I listened to it this morning, very worthwhile. Definitely a few comments he made with a tinge of sadness/regret. Will be a very interesting book to read.

Unfortunately, the book is a massive disappointment. It's short, and pretty much breezes through his career without offering any real insight. The stuff about his childhood and home town is really interesting, but only because I know nothing about it. Once he gets to his time at Arsenal, he makes vague mentions of significant events, the late 97 loss to Blackburn, Champions League final, selling Fabregas and Nasri, but never provides any depth or detail on them. Entire eras of his time at Arsenal are ignored, and those devoted time are reported with all of the insight of a wiki post.

A fair bit is dedicated to his "philosophies" on coaching, training, nutrition, but it all pretty much what have heard before. If you knew zero about Wenger, you might get something out of it.

I'm not really sure why he agreed to the book. It reads like a contractual obligation. He hardly needs the money, so why agree to it if you are not going to reveal anything?

Unfortunately, the book is a massive disappointment. It's short, and pretty much breezes through his career without offering any real insight. The stuff about his childhood and home town is really interesting, but only because I know nothing about it. Once he gets to his time at Arsenal, he makes vague mentions of significant events, the late 97 loss to Blackburn, Champions League final, selling Fabregas and Nasri, but never provides any depth or detail on them. Entire eras of his time at Arsenal are ignored, and those devoted time are reported with all of the insight of a wiki post.

A fair bit is dedicated to his "philosophies" on coaching, training, nutrition, but it all pretty much what have heard before. If you knew zero about Wenger, you might get something out of it.

I'm not really sure why he agreed to the book. It reads like a contractual obligation. He hardly needs the money, so why agree to it if you are not going to reveal anything?

Thanks for that, geez you must’ve read it quickly. Nice work. A bit disappointing to hear that it doesn’t delve into the depth of certain things, I for one was really wanting to hear the real story behind the Fabregas issue.

It’s long been thought that he felt somewhat “betrayed”, as he was this kind of father figure to Cesc who came to London as a teenager.

I knew at the time of Wenger refusing to re-sign him that he was talking s**t about his reason being that we already had Ozil to play that position. There was definitely more to it. In that interview with Ornstein he then says he had a policy not to allow those we wanted to see if the grass was greener elsewhere to return to the club.

Henry, Lehmann, Campbell etc he made exceptions, for various reasons. Allowed Pires to train with the club etc. There did seem to be something more personal with Fabregas.

Think he took it far too personally which then skewed his judgement. His stubbornness at times was very frustrating, and he made the wrong call with that IMO.

In that interview with Ornstein he then says he had a policy not to allow those we wanted to see if the grass was greener elsewhere to return to the club.

That is exactly what he said in the book, which as you say doesn't fit with how others were treated.

Thanks for that, geez you must’ve read it quickly.

I got the audio book, whole thing is less than seven hours, so got through it in a week, an hour a day which exercising.

Why does the club just pay him out to get him out of the club? Would end the saga for good.

I can’t understand why this hasn’t happened. After the £8m loyalty bonus, it should be severed from there.

It’s such a distraction and the more you think of it the more ridiculous the whole situation becomes. Ozil’s time at the club is clearly done and for the sake of all parties, it should happen.

I'm still annoyed we aren't picking up our best 25 players to try and get in the CL this season, I don't care about his wage or politics just want Arsenal to pick the best 25 players we can to get us back into the Champions League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabriel impressive, Partey grew into the game and played well, Auba and Bellerin impacts as subs.

Negatives we still didn't look coherent attacking, Cedric is on a 4 year deal and Leno had a stinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back