Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are we all feeling about Ramsey’s departure?

Him leaving isn't a massive concern for me as he isn't joining a rival and Im actually quite looking forward to him playing for Juventus and getting the credit which he deserves, as I have no doubt if injury free he will destroy those Italian defences with his movement. My problem is the way we have used him this season and under-utilised him in the process. To begin the season we effectively played him as a second striker which took away him greatest strength of late runs in the box which he then became somewhat of the fall for those loses and poor performances and started from the bench for a while. Its only been the last few games where I think Emery has finally used him the way I expected him to when Emery supposedly considered him a being one of the building blocks of the team. Behind the striker but in front of a sitting midfield two, means he get forward and press and can also roam around when he will cover a lot of ground. Had he used him like this from the beginning of the season I think we would have been more likely to give Ramsey what he was asking, would have more points than what we currently have and would of had clubs trying to transfer him in during this January period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kos a potential broken jaw? Sokratis who knows how bad the ankle is. No money to buy players though.

The upcoming City game could be a customary Wenger 4-0 or 5-0 loss.

Pressure on Emery in his beloved Europa League, out of both domestic cups at the first sign of Premier League opposition, he won't finish top 4.
There's no chance of top 4, injuries aside were probably not quite good enough anyway but now there's no chance, it's europa league or bust been saying that for weeks now

I think he's a decent player but in my opinion we have to spend 35 million quid more smartly than on decent players who are about to be 30.
Generally, we shouldn’t be spending that sort of money on older players. But if it means Perisic starting over Iwobi or Mhki for a couple of seasons then it’s worth it.

Given how we’ve fallen apart over the last couple of months we definitely need to look short-term, at least for 1-2 purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back