Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not sure how to take this result. On one hand we were already missing two influential players in Xhaka and Ozil, which was compounded by Holding and Ramsey having to be subbed off through injury and Kolosanic appearing to be injured for last third of the game. We've been lucky this season with referee decisions going our way but the past two games have seen two dives go rewarded that have resulted in goals, with todays also being offside from the resulting free kick. Then there is also Rolo who was lucky to stay on for his first tackle on Douzi and given they gave the goal to Lacazette he was lucky to not pick up a second yellow.

But on the other hand, we went up twice against what was a very average United side and gave away two cheap goals. Yes the first shouldn't have stood but our defending following Lenos save was just as bad as the Kolosanic * up. Which we can't justify playing three at the back if were going to keep giving the opposition as many chances as what we are currently giving. I thought the Lichensteiner sub for Holding was a poor choice for this very reason, I think it would have a good time to bring on a midfielder and sured up possession in midfield given United attacking options are lacklustre and the same can be said for their midfield. Then their are other matters such as starting Iwobi over Lacazette, sure it is good to have options off the bench that you can trust and are reliable but in big games you need your best players on the pitch so when opportunities arise they are more likely to be finished. Emery needs to be more proactive so that if thing don't go our way like Ramsey getting injured not long after Holding, you can then possibly make a more defensive minded substitution knowing you already have a lead or the firepower on the field to get you a goal.

Yeah he was probably in line for only a few minutes against Huddersfield anyway.

Hopefully Ramsey and Kola aren't too bad. With holding I'm fearing the worst.

Yeah seems like holding will be out for a while which is a shame for him and the club, had really stepped it up this season and made the starting 11 position his.

De gea saved them again, would love to know how many points he's won that club over the last few seasons, think the spurs game took it out of us a bit aswell.

Last edited:
The Holding injury is bad, judging from Emery’s comments.

Koscielny even if fit, will need a lot of time to get match fit again. Been out for a very long time.

Monreal is surely due back soon? He seems to have been injured for a long time.

There’s also Mavrapanos due back sometime this month, still very young and raw though. But very promising.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we buy a centre half in January.

We looked a bit tired at times and injuries certainly didn't help. Kolasinac struggled after his knock and Torreira wasn't quite right either. I'm still mad about that Rojo tackle, had to go. He scissored Guendouzi's leg pretty badly and fortunately there wasn't more force involved. You could tell from the shots of him after that he knew he was lucky to get away with a yellow too.

We looked a bit tired at times and injuries certainly didn't help. Kolasinac struggled after his knock and Torreira wasn't quite right either. I'm still mad about that Rojo tackle, had to go. He scissored Guendouzi's leg pretty badly and fortunately there wasn't more force involved. You could tell from the shots of him after that he knew he was lucky to get away with a yellow too.
Fellaini should have got a red for the hair pull on guendouzi too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange old game this morning, both teams would be lamenting 2 very preventable goals each. Not sure who would feel better about the draw, they were at home whilst we led the game twice.

Easily the best team in the last two games. Actually disappointing to only come away with 4 points.

Easily the best team in the last two games. Actually disappointing to only come away with 4 points.

Yeah it's just because defensively we're putrid, somehow managed to concede 4 goals vs Spurs and United despite both of them managing to create very little in an attacking sense.

Strange old game this morning, both teams would be lamenting 2 very preventable goals each. Not sure who would feel better about the draw, they were at home whilst we led the game twice.

Yep both teams would walk away from yesterday thinking what could have been. But on the balance of the game, and the chances we had even after conceding such a terrible goal, Arsenal really should have won that game.

There’s something about Old Trafford though, a ghostyard. A point will do.

Monreal is surely due back soon? He seems to have been injured for a long time.

There’s also Mavrapanos due back sometime this month, still very young and raw though. But very promising.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we buy a centre half in January.

Koscielny, Laurent Achilles Injury Fitness 03 May 18 TBD
Mavropanos, Konstantinos Groin Strain Recovery 10 Sep 18 16 Dec 18
Monreal, Nacho Hamstring Strain Fitness 21 Oct 18 13 Dec 18
Mustafi, Shkodran Knock Fitness 02 Dec 18 05 Dec 18
Ozil, Mesut Back Spasm Fitness 30 Nov 18 TBD
Welbeck, Danny Ankle Injury Recovery 08 Nov 18 TBD
Xhaka, Granit None Suspended (5Y) 02 Dec 18 08 Dec 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back