glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That's part of the problem we have, some of the more expensive signings in Partey and Pepe aren't performing. Add Auba with the wages as well. Not getting value for money at all with those three at the moment.

This situation is a byproduct of having such a disjointed squad building process over a number of years. Which has been overseen by different people and managers.

Pepe, Aubameyang and Lacazette are the three most expensive transfers in Arsenal history. However I’ve read they’ve only started 3 league matches together in their time at club. That’s a damning statistic.

Approx £175m spent on three players who are not really able to play together in the same XI, and very little return to show for it of late for such a heavy investment. That’s a very poor use of resources for the club, and Lacazette will walk on a free in 6 months time.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
This situation is a byproduct of having such a disjointed squad building process over a number of years. Which has been overseen by different people and managers.

Pepe, Aubameyang and Lacazette are the three most expensive transfers in Arsenal history. However I’ve read they’ve only started 3 league matches together in their time at club. That’s a damning statistic.

Approx £175m spent on three players who are not really able to play together in the same XI, and very little return to show for it of late for such a heavy investment. That’s a very poor use of resources for the club, and Lacazette will walk on a free in 6 months time.

I actually feel bad for Pepe and give him leeway somewhat because we play a shitty slowed down brand of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass x 1000 that doesn't play to his biggest assets of dribbling and pace cutting in on players.

i'd honestly rather give him a run of 10-15 game CF and see what he can do.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You do wonder where to from here.

We need more reinforcements but I can't see that happening in January.

Auba shouldn't be captain and he shouldn't have been named captain. He needs to be sold so he can rediscover his confidence and not be stealing a living from our club.

I still think the club did well in the summer market, but that business hasn't translated onto the pitch as well as we'd have hoped.

We're sluggish, lethargic, uninspiring and we need to show more intent when we have the lead or when we are attacking.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I actually feel bad for Pepe and give him leeway somewhat because we play a shitty slowed down brand of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass x 1000 that doesn't play to his biggest assets of dribbling and pace cutting in on players.

Yes I’ve been thinking and saying that for a little while now. I do feel for Pepe despite his flaws. He was brilliant in that late Cup run in 2020, before Arteta replaced him with Willian.

Our build up play is so slow, boring and predictable under Arteta’s system. It’s Goldilocks football. Stringing together multiple slow and pinpoint passes where to create a chance on goal everything has to be jusssssst right.

There aren’t too many strikers in world football that would thrive in this set up of Arteta. He’s had so much time to implement and it just shouldn’t be this bad.

I’ll also add that since Arteta’s promotion from head coach to manager, it’s also incumbent upon him to obtain the most he can from the resources he has available. It’s clear as day Pepe isn’t the player we thought we were getting.

However the club needs to somehow figure it out and Arteta is derelict in his duty to not do so. For all of the frustrations of Pepe, I feel that he doesn’t miss that header Nketiah did. Or that last touch of the game where Auba fluffed that chance. Pepe more than likely buries them when fed in that position.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I have hope that Tomi and Pepe will start to work together better

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
That’s 3 consecutive league losses for Arteta to Everton. Geez.

Keenly awaiting Ornstein’s tweet tomorrow that he retains the full backing of the board and ownership and they’re committed to him overseeing this project.

Yeah that's ******* laughable.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
The most interesting aspect of Southamptons squad is the absence of both their first team goalkeepers, Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy, which saw them bring in 40-year-old Willy Caballero on a short-term contract. He is set to make his debut. Just have to wear him out with lots of shots on goal
I can see what's gonna happen.... We will make him look a million dollars...

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Three team league, just gather enough points to stay up and maybe, MAYBE, snatch a domestic cup. This is what 96% of the league look at in a three team league. Will be interesting to see what Everton do after being the bet of the year paid off and we’ll see if they revert to type after Arsenal, as forecasted, pretty much bent over for them.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I absolutely can’t stand watching Xhaka in our team.

I don’t care if he has a good game or not. It just makes my blood boil he’s still at this club.

And we aren’t doing too well early here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sounds like he’s pushing for a move.

Good luck moving him on those wages post-covid.

Laca again proving why he's the much better player for us, had a great game last night and really should have had 1-2 more goals if he was being greedy.

Ødegaard with 3 goals in 3 games now, really hoping he develops in to a 10+ goal a season Midfielder.

Speaking of midfield, can we * Xhaka off in the January window? I'm just sick of him being at the club. It's like the last bit of rubbish that needs to be thrown out from the past. I'd honestly entertain the idea of Xhaka out and look at bringing Ramsey back from Juventus.

I think Partey, Ramsey and Odegaard could form a very interesting midfield (remember Ramsey is no slouch in the defensive department either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back