Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mustafi and Sokratis still fit, Big Mav and Monreal due back this week, and Koscielny has already been playing minutes with the U21s, I don't see us recalling Chambers let alone picking up a new guy in the January window.

Numbers wise we'll be ok, it's a lack of quality that we're missing, we need an elite centre half.

Yep that’s blow. Nasty injuries they are, took me almost 2 years recover.

With Koscielny, Monreal and perhaps even Mavropanos, should be enough to perhaps get by until the summer window next year.

At which time I hope the money is spent to acquire a genuine world class centre half.

We might get a defender in January if the scouting team has a target in mind. Kos is 33 so he'll need to be replaced either end of season or next.

That leaves us with Mustafi and Sokratis as the two starting CBs (if fit). We have Holding and Maropanos, both have shown enough to hint that they could be first teamers for years to come, but the reality is we are only a bad run of injuries away from a disaster.

Now it looks like Mustafi has done a hammy (is banned for the next game anyway) and Sokratis is banned (5 yellows)

That leaves us with Monreal and Kos, I love Kos but his body can't be trusted at this point and Monreal isn't a natural CB. If Emery wants to play 3 at the back i'd rather have someone else. Are we going to see Eleney, Kos and Monreal as the back 3 against Southampton? Really, that's not good enough for a team like Arsenal.

Tonight's game wasn't very good, as you would expect being the 3rd game in 7 days. Huddersfield came with a plan and despite what the annoying Scottish campaigner on the commentary said i don't think they were much chop. Defended in numbers like every team that plays against us and fed of our sloppy passing.

Sokratis for me was MOTM. I fear Iwobi is going to be an Ox Mk2, he has the tools but just cannot get it to work for him. I'd rather Emery give the time to someone else at this point or go to the market in January.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

koscielny is cooked, he was done before the injury, don't see how he's miraculously going to be decent again after a long layoff.

His best is clearly behind him and at his age, and the severity of his injury, he can’t be relied upon to solve our defensive issues.

He does have enough credits in the bank though to warrant a chance.

I don't like that midfield setup against teams like Huddersfield, we really lack creativity without Ozil or Ramsey (when he's on at least). Guendouzi looked a little lost at times trying to play a more advanced role even if he did eventually set up the winner.

That first half was awful. Was a very weird team selected. Three central mids (none of whom known for attacking flair) and two strikers. Laca and Auba were so isolated and we had zero width.

We need a couple of wingers big time. Dembele in Jan would be great

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That first half was awful. Was a very weird team selected. Three central mids (none of whom known for attacking flair) and two strikers. Laca and Auba were so isolated and we had zero width.

We need a couple of wingers big time. Dembele in Jan would be great

lol.

You're kidding, right?

Hopeful more than anything else, but his links to mislintat are strong. There were talks of a possible loan as he wasn’t happy at Barca.

I think we need to get ozils wages off our books and im betting emery will do this in the summer

Rag rumours had Ozil's manager meeting with Inter, so don't expect to get much of that money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back