Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the Tierney and Zaha rumours are real. We know our budget is an embarrassing £45m give or take. We know that a centre back will almost certainly be bought as Koscielny is probably off to Bordeaux on a free.

Reading between the lines, it’s obvious that Laca or Auba are gone.

We know the Tierney and Zaha rumours are real. We know our budget is an embarrassing £45m give or take. We know that a centre back will almost certainly be bought as Koscielny is probably off to Bordeaux on a free.

Reading between the lines, it’s obvious that Laca or Auba are gone.

Is Kos out of contract ? for some reason I thought he was contracted until the end of 2020 ?

Not overly fussed if true, as much as Nacho has been a good servant for us over the years, he's declined a lot in the last 18 months and is on the cusp of being finished.
Whilst I don’t disagree, its more money we won’t get for selling someone, it’s also possibly showing that things definitely aren’t great behind close doors too.

I also read Kos was also trying to get out of his deal too so it’s a bit of a worry.

Whilst I don’t disagree, its more money we won’t get for selling someone, it’s also possibly showing that things definitely aren’t great behind close doors too.

I also read Kos was also trying to get out of his deal too so it’s a bit of a worry.

Probably struggling to get fees because they're 33/34 on pretty decent wages and on the cusp of being cooked, if the wages were less I think we'd get some sort of small fee.

Not overly fussed if true, as much as Nacho has been a good servant for us over the years, he's declined a lot in the last 18 months and is on the cusp of being finished.

His decline has started yes, however it would be concerning to lose both he and Koscielny at the same time.

Both are experienced leaders and we need that stability in the squad, especially with Holding, Mavrapanos etc.

What’s also more concerning broadly speaking, is the names that aren’t being thrown around as perhaps on the way out. In order, I feel the players we need to offload are:

1. Ozil
2. Mustafi
3. Xhaka
4. Mkhitaryan

As yet, not much is really floating around about them (long way to go in the window of course). But these are the guys who are going to release a significant amount of wages, whilst also raising funds to put towards strengthening the squad elsewhere.

His decline has started yes, however it would be concerning to lose both he and Koscielny at the same time.

Both are experienced leaders and we need that stability in the squad, especially with Holding, Mavrapanos etc.

What’s also more concerning broadly speaking, is the names that aren’t being thrown around as perhaps on the way out. In order, I feel the players we need to offload are:

1. Ozil
2. Mustafi
3. Xhaka
4. Mkhitaryan

As yet, not much is really floating around about them (long way to go in the window of course). But these are the guys who are going to release a significant amount of wages, whilst also raising funds to put towards strengthening the squad elsewhere.
Ozil does not want to leave from what I have read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I’ve read the same Lats, which I can’t really fault him on. Got a long term contract on a wage that no one else will meet, who can blame him.

1. Ozil
2. Mustafi
3. Xhaka
4. Mkhitaryan

I agree with that and would like to keep Kos for this coming season, I think he's better than Nacho when he's healthy.

I agree with that and would like to keep Kos for this coming season, I think he's better than Nacho when he's healthy.

I’ve read we’re after €10m from Bordeaux for Koscielny. Not sure they’d pay that for his age and recent injury.

But yes would like to retain him. If we land Tierney the I presume that would perhaps allow Nacho to go, even though he’s more a centre half than LB these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back