Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornstein just retweeted the bid has been rejected.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes just saw that. Oh well. I’m sure it will still get done. Eventually.

For perhaps up to £30m with a better payment structure for Celtic. But geez, we drag things on and take a long time to finalise deals, which then delays new players joining the squad and integrating.

Josh Kroenkes response to the letter.

View attachment 710310

Am surprised KSE responded, there's usually silence from them when this kind of discontent is brewing. He also gave an interview with John Cross.

A key line for me is about "having a champions league wage bill on a europa league budget". A significant portion of which is surely attributed to Ozil and Mhki who don't have the output to justify their wages.

They need to be sold, however it always comes down to that very same hurdle. Their wages.

Saint Etienne did well to get the loan back for a season and 20% sell on fee clause on the Saliba deal. All in all I'll still be very happy if this goes through though, the kid seems to have elite potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bayern win was nice. Means next to nothing, but some of the kids looked good.

Nketiah had a presence when he was on the pitch, shoving Sule out of the way before taking a shot.

Everton, Saliba, Cellebos and Tierny would be a decent window. Still a CB short IMO, however, there were reports of us looking at CB from Olympiakos.

A lot depends on the Koscielny situation. IMO he’ll still be sold, so we’d need to cover that. Not sure where Holding is in his recovery, however it’d be a risk to not replace Koscielny. And it would increase our reliance on Mustafi.

Holding is a while away isn't he?

Yeah, Koscielny needs to be replaced.

I don't agree the valuation of Kos by the club. In no world is he worth 9m at 34 with achilleas issues.

Just take a small fee and get his wages 90k wages off the books, and someone unhappy out of the club.

What's happening with Mavro?
Last i read he isn't progressing as much as the club would have liked but that was a while ago now so who knows

Nketiah scoring again, supposed to be going out on loan maybe we hold onto him now? Nelson is supposed to getting game time this season as is probably willock and esr i think so will probably still go out on loan regardless. Promising signs from him either way a lot of the kids look the goods tbf.

We have some promising kids, but ultimately history suggests that very few end up actually being good enough for a big club.
This is true, but if we manage them and their contracts right, we could make some decent money off them by selling them on if they don't make it with us.

We have some promising kids, but ultimately history suggests that very few end up actually being good enough for a big club.

While history suggest you will be right, this current crop of players coming through are vastly more talented than previous group to have come through our youth system. It possibly lacks a standout talent like previous groups with Wilshere, Fabregas and Gnabry but the talent across the board is vastly superior to the point where they're being chased from big clubs from Germany, Italy and Spain. Which is all the more reason to develop them into squad options so that we can top the squad up with genuinely elite player and not have to settle for your El Neny types.

It also worth noting that the likes of Bennacer and Jeff Reine Adelaide have left and are now being linked to 20m deals with Milan and Monaco. Which those guys in some respect were considered expendable due to the current group of players coming through although Emery complete lack of acknowledgement of our youth is definitely concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back