Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
We are through, no need to go for broke.

Understand that but doesn't change it from being a dire game. Napoli need goals and don't even test us by bringing on another striker and take one of their best players off in the process. Hell we even brought on El Neny, Watford with 10 men put up more a fight.

Anyhow onto Valencia who shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Understand that but doesn't change it from being a dire game. Napoli need goals and don't even test us by bringing on another striker and take one of their best players off in the process. Hell we even brought on El Neny, Watford with 10 men put up more a fight.

Oh wow, you suck, we just got through the toughest draw possible won away and your still negative lol

That emery hatred is killing you

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh wow, you suck, we just got through the toughest draw possible won away and your still negative lol

That emery hatred is killing you

What does Emery have to do with this being an awful game that minus one Lacazette free kick lacked quality. I don't see why I can't call out a putrid game of football from both sides when I see one. I actually think Emery managed both games pretty well, however I would still like to see us be far more proactive going forward and be a team that dismantles our opposition rather than fights for every game but we also need more quality players in order to do that so Im happy to scrap away for the time being.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Glorious result, that’s a hell of a free kick from Laca. Keen to watch the full replay today.

Kept Napoli scoreless over 180 minutes,; kept another away game clean sheet (and against the favourites of the competition mind you); and comfortably through to the semi final.

I care little about the quality of the game itself, give me this 10 times out of 10 please if it means Arsenal progress.

Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats

Careful we blotched manado the other year
And last year stuffed up at home vs athlitico
Number 1 priority keep a clean sheet in both legs

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Glorious result, that’s a hell of a free kick from Laca. Keen to watch the full replay today.

Kept Napoli scoreless over 180 minutes,; kept another away game clean sheet (and against the favourites of the competition mind you); and comfortably through to the semi final.

I care little about the quality of the game itself, give me this 10 times out of 10 please if it means Arsenal progress.
Agree. We haven’t had this kind of steel for a long time so I’m happy to see us grift.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
This Napoli team drew twice with PSG and beat Liverpool at home in the CL group stage, as well as being 2nd in Italy over the last two seasons so they are a quality team. Keeping them scoreless over both legs is a massive step up for us.

That being said I do agree with Tomnat Tigers that Napoli looked well off the pace in both legs and last nights was a pretty dire affair. They mentioned that Napoli had 7 shots on goal (I think) over both legs? I mean, we defended well (better than we normally do) and limited them but I can’t help but feel Napoli Have switched off for the rest of the season.

Anyway Emery got it right over both legs. We did what we had to do and fingers crossed we can keep this run to the final going.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
What does Emery have to do with this being an awful game that minus one Lacazette free kick lacked quality. I don't see why I can't call out a putrid game of football from both sides when I see one. I actually think Emery managed both games pretty well, however I would still like to see us be far more proactive going forward and be a team that dismantles our opposition rather than fights for every game but we also need more quality players in order to do that so Im happy to scrap away for the time being.
Just seem extremely negative about 0 - 1 win away in napoli ffs, who gives a s**t if the game lacked quality, napoli were favorites to go through, enjoy it a little instead of shitting all over it, ******* negative nancy over here smh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back