Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuming absolutely fuming. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Firstly the Chambers injury which effected our ability to control play, forced Mustafi on who was at fault for their second goal and meant we had used up a sub. Then Craig Pawson the useless campaigner misses the most obvious second yellow ever with Jorginho not only scoring the equaliser but also winning the free kick. Seriously campaigner shouldn't be allowed to ref another game, gutless coward.

Arteta should have made a sub far earlier and tried getting the game back on our terms but given the lack of options and the likes of Saka being out on his feet with no replacement on the bench, I get the impression he was hoping to wait it out and he paid for it. Hard situation to be in though given neither Lacazette or Guendouzi should have been on the pitch cause they were dog s**t but couldn't drag them.

Feel a bit for Leno given how many times he has saved us this season but he needs to own it and improve it. His judgement of crosses is stopping him from being one of the best in the world.

Worse part about this result is Chelsea despite all the ball in the second half, didn't really look dangerous and it was only the fact we couldn't keep it that made me worried, but two individual errors compounded a number of other things not falling our way really ****ed us and now we have to play United who will be hungry and physically run all over our boys.

Fuming absolutely fuming. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Firstly the Chambers injury which effected our ability to control play, forced Mustafi on who was at fault for their second goal and meant we had used up a sub. Then Craig Pawson the useless campaigner misses the most obvious second yellow ever with Jorginho not only scoring the equaliser but also winning the free kick. Seriously campaigner shouldn't be allowed to ref another game, gutless coward.

Arteta should have made a sub far earlier and tried getting the game back on our terms but given the lack of options and the likes of Saka being out on his feet with no replacement on the bench, I get the impression he was hoping to wait it out and he paid for it. Hard situation to be in though given neither Lacazette or Guendouzi should have been on the pitch cause they were dog s**t but couldn't drag them.

Feel a bit for Leno given how many times he has saved us this season but he needs to own it and improve it. His judgement of crosses is stopping him from being one of the best in the world.

Worse part about this result is Chelsea despite all the ball in the second half, didn't really look dangerous and it was only the fact we couldn't keep it that made me worried, but two individual errors compounded a number of other things not falling our way really f’ed us and now we have to play United who will be hungry and physically run all over our boys.
Pretty much nailed it. Have no idea how that’s not a yellow card either.

Worse part about this result is Chelsea despite all the ball in the second half, didn't really look dangerous and it was only the fact we couldn't keep it that made me worried, but two individual errors compounded a number of other things not falling our way really f’ed us and now we have to play United who will be hungry and physically run all over our boys.
Arteta said after the last game that he was surprised at how well the players ran out the game, or words to that effect, hinting that fitness levels aren't up to what he requires. Centre backs are the death of us and poor Leno stuffed up badly. I'm very disappointed with the result but I am at least a fair bit more positive about the players attitude and commitment, pity their talent isn't up to it.

Laca should have had us at least 2-0 up at half time as well. He is right off at the moment

Terrible by Leno for their first goal.

Guendouzi was rubbish for the second. And the time Abraham had in the box to control, turn and score is shocking.

We are so bad.
Think Arteta has said our fitness is poor. Players tend to make poor decisions in the final half hour because of fatigue.

I wouldn’t say we were horrible though. First half was delightful to watch and second half we looked resilient in defending and our shape was really pleasing however that ten minute period was poor and that’s what cost us.

And also the ref. The ref ******* cost us too. I have always been told holding a player back by their shirt is a yellow card offence. I’m still fuming about the decision because there’s a lack of consistency in the rules.

1 win in our last 15 matches, Jesus ******* Christ.

The performance in the first 30 minutes was probably as good as we've seen all season, but sadly we really needed a result.

Fingers crossed we can get 50 million quid for Lacazette in the summer, bloke just isn't that good.

Think Arteta has said our fitness is poor. Players tend to make poor decisions in the final half hour because of fatigue.

I wouldn’t say we were horrible though. First half was delightful to watch and second half we looked resilient in defending and our shape was really pleasing however that ten minute period was poor and that’s what cost us.

And also the ref. The ref ******* cost us too. I have always been told holding a player back by their shirt is a yellow card offence. I’m still fuming about the decision because there’s a lack of consistency in the rules.
How can it have been this bad for so long? Terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what’s Pepe‘s story? Surely something is up behind the scenes. Record signing is barely getting a start.

Suggestions that he isn't working hard enough in training. Also a lack of work rate in terms of pressing a big reason for why Nelson has gained Artetas trust so early which alongside Aubameyang who has worked incredibly hard the past two games suggest that unless you're willing to put in you won't be getting game time.

Suggestions that he isn't working hard enough in training. Also a lack of work rate in terms of pressing a big reason for why Nelson has gained Artetas trust so early which alongside Aubameyang who has worked incredibly hard the past two games suggest that unless you're willing to put in you won't be getting game time.

Yes all makes sense, I’m all for that logic of rewarding those who are putting the work in.

Something needs to give though. Our shape is looking much better overall under Arteta, I do however want Lacazette to have a spell and get Aubameyang back central. Hopefully against United we see that.

I went back and watched the game again closely. The first half gave me the same feeling I had for Ozil before he came to us - absolutely class, class player and now he has a proper manager using him as he should be and he excites no end! He did tire after an hour but so did all of our players but that is a conditioning problem that is eminently fixable.

For all our great football and team play, we scored from a corner and that shows just how important being strong in the center of your defence is. If we had the Chelsea defensive heart, the game would have ended in a draw given Leno's unfortunate error but for mine, he's been our best, most consistent player all year and this is football.

If Chelsea had our two morons at the center of their defence, we would have won 4, 5, 6 - 1. Guendouzi was NOT to blame for their winner. By the 87th minute of the game, the young pup had run an enormous amount territory and he could hardly lift his legs and that is where team players must come to the fore and help each other out.

When that ball fell to the Chelsea player at the front of his back 1/3, there was no danger but who was to credit that Moron #1 (Luiz) and Moron #2 (Mustafi) would be ball watching and sleeping? Moron #1 was the designated "sweeper" in these situations and one of the most important functions in that role is to organise those in front of you. He should have been saying Moron #2 who is not being the sharpest tool in the box and was still seeing stars after having his head bashed, to get tight on the center forward! All of a sudden, what was a regulation situation turned into a panic and even then, EVEN THEN, Moron #2 did the right thing in not charging at the center forward and risk having the ball pushed passed him and away goes the forward, he back peddled and gave time for Moron #1 to get in a position to cover. Now whether by design or arse, (I would bet my balls it was the later), Moron #1 ended up giving Willian just enough space to entice Abraham to give him the ball.

As soon as Abraham made the pass, Moron #1 (Luiz) should have been on his bike closing down Willian ASAP and slowing his progress and pushing him wider and, if Willian's touch was heavy, being in the correct position, he could clear the ball over the touch line and averting all danger. Well Willian's second touch was very heavy but where was Moron #1 (Luiz), marking space and even then, when Willian was about to cross the ball, Luiz was in a position where he looked like he was pulling his skirt down instead of attempting to block the cross. The ball goes to Abraham in a position that top strikers thrive in and he scores. If schoolboy defenders did that, you'd be livid! A little while earlier the Moron Luiz was again absolutely clueless as to where he was and where his opponent was and all it would have taken was for the Chelsea player to roll a 10 meter square pass to his team mate for a tap in on the edge of the six yard area but he badly directed his pass and found Luiz instead who was behind his opponent and yards from him and what did we hear from the commentators, well at least the ones that were commentating the game I watched, they said what a brilliant intercept it was! These imbeciles also praised Luiz for doing what ever defender should do and that is to try and block a cross or pass.

Again we were let down enormously by moments of complete ineptitude by our central defenders of which Luiz is most culpable.

Maitland-Niles was excellent and the lad that looks like he doesn't even shave yet, Saka, did a great job in an alien position, just as Maitland-Niles and I like Maitland-Niles' composure and assuredness. The kid on the right hand side, Reiss Nelson, has a great future ahead of him when he learns his trade and Arteta is certainly the one to teach him. Aubameyang, Torreira and Lacazette were tireless and epitomised the Arsenal I knew when George Graham had us, that is, hard at it all the time and even if things don't happen, keep going hard - superb all three of them as was Ozil for 60 minutes.

People are tripping that Jorginho wasn't sent off, well he should have been but he wasn't but that was not the reason we lost. We should have had the f**k wit Luiz sent off for trying to decapitate Kante and if it were most other players in the Chelsea line up and not the one with magnificent peripheral vision and balance, we could have been looking at a very serious injury. If you watch Moron #1 during this incident, you are left in no doubt that there was a second movement of his leg in an attempt to cause harm.

We ran out of puff and Chelsea, who had seasoned, experienced fresh legs to call on punished us for crap defending.

We MUST sign two central defenders who can actually defend and one of them, in the short term and to help out Mavropanos and Holding with the intricacies of defending should be Vertonghen. He is out of contract soon and we did pay 8 million for the garbage that has cost us points after points after points all season so give Tottenham 8 mill + and get him in. Go and get another to compliment him and this may sound strange, but we should also go to Everton and buy Leighton Baines as a stop gap left back whose experience and calming influence on the younger lads both immediately and in the future will be invaluable. He's also a real pro and under Arteta's regime and with Aubameyang down that side, we'd be deadly!

These are the types of players that we need right now to sure us up and get us to safety and then, during the off season, we can throw out the rubbish and bring in the long, long term players we need and the first one I would go for in the northern summer would be N'Golo Kanté. Give Abramovich anything he wants for him and then some but just get him to The Arsenal. He and Torreira behind Ozil would make us title contenders with two top class center halves behind them and a top right back.

I am excited to be an Arsenal supporter again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back