Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked a different team second half, Arteta making it work with his team talk.

Bournemouth in the next round.

We've now got a good chance to move up the table in the league with games against; Palace, Sheff United, Chelsea, Burnley, Newcastle and Everton before we play Man City.

Really need to maximise points before April when we play Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham and Liverpool in a row.

Last edited:
Only saw the first 30 mins before work and it looked like Unai Emery was still at the helm, absolutely dreadful stuff. It must be said though that Leeds United looked every bit a premier league side.

Based on statistics it must have been a huge improvement in the 2nd half, very glad we've progressed to the next round, I think runs in the Cup and Europa League would do Arteta the world of good.

Huge contrast between that first and second half. We were actually quite fortunate to not be behind at HT.

Leeds dropped later in the game and overall I’d say Arsenal did enough to progress, however that wasn’t great viewing. Still have some major issues in the central midfield, Ozil I believe has vastly improved under Arteta but Guendouzi has regressed.

Should have a little spell I’d say. Ceballos (I think he’s fit again) should come straight in. Didn’t like the set up at the back either. Thought this was a good opportunity to give Mavrapanos some minutes.

If anyone tells you that Kolasinac or Xhaka or Luiz are good, professional footballers, smack them in the head a couple of times and send them on their way.

Those three were an absolute disgrace in the first half and for players that Arteta has backed to the hilt, those ****'s were disgusting. They were marginally better in the second half but are not the future at Arsenal.

If anyone tells you that Kolasinac or Xhaka or Luiz are good, professional footballers, smack them in the head a couple of times and send them on their way.

Those three were an absolute disgrace in the first half and for players that Arteta has backed to the hilt, those ****'s were disgusting. They were marginally better in the second half but are not the future at Arsenal.

To be fair though Holding was worse than Luiz was and to be truthful has been pathetic every start he has had for us this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair though Holding was worse than Luiz was and to be truthful has been pathetic every start he has had for us this season.
The lad put himself about, very rusty but defensively, he wasn't to bad. Luiz on the other hand, just didn't give a f**k and he and the other two jokers I mentioned should just be f***ed off ASAP before they have an even more deleterious affect on the team and the squad in general.

I looked at poor Ozil who really wanted to get into the game but because his so called team mates just weren't putting in, Ozil just wasn't able to influence the game like he should have been but to his great credit, he kept going and doing whetever he could to plug spaces and he ran. I am really happy with him but livid with the other pricks.

Young Pepe is doing his Balotelli impression, you know? Brooding, looking aloof and the worst thing for him is to have wa****'s like the three I mentioned in the squad because they do not set a good example. I hope Arteta is true to his word about the players being at their best every day whether at training or in a game because if he is, then those f**k whits should be shown the door - 25 million form Hertha for a championship quality player? Take it and run!

Would be an interesting signing.

I would still prefer someone like Ake from Bournemouth with a bit more experience.

The idea of pinning our CB hopes on Upa and Saliba next season seems fraught with danger.

Still think Sokratis is a very good centre back, just not when paired with Luiz or Mustafi who are both terrible.

Upa & Sokratis starting, Saliba and Holding as back up is very good if we get it done. Add in a healthy set of fullbacks and we’re on our way.

Still think Sokratis is a very good centre back, just not when paired with Luiz or Mustafi who are both terrible.

Upa & Sokratis starting, Saliba and Holding as back up is very good if we get it done. Add in a healthy set of fullbacks and we’re on our way.

I've watched Saliba a few times and if he's healthy he'll be an instant starter, far better than Sokratis already.

Interesting, from a decent source. Would be a summer deal. Upamecano + Saliba changes our fortunes significantly.

I must be missing something sorry, what am I looking at here? I’ve zoomed in on both photos but not sure what I’m meant to be seeing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back