Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than what ever the * El Neny was doing for their goal, it was a good performance.

Although I don't rate Leiciester one bit. Have a far better squad than the football they try to play suggest, it works for them to a certain point but won't be surprised to see them start dropping more points in back half of the season.

That’s a great result, looking forward to watching that. ESR getting injured was somewhat waiting to happen, thought surely Martinelli would see some minutes this game.

I'm not actually that shocked by the result, I don't think Leicester are as good as their league position suggests.

Pepe, Willian, Odegaard and Xhaka were all very good I thought.

I don’t want bellerin back in the side, play Cedric over him, he’s a better player and links up with Pepe much better, frees him up to play his game a lot more

We basically need so sign a starting level RB if we want to progress further, both Bellerin and Cedric are squad level standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely surprised by the result. Couldn't actually believe what I was watching.

I've shat on Willian all season, and rightfully so, but today he has earned some praise*. Willian was good. Actually very good.

*and not the bullshit praise he was getting after the Europa League game a few days ago. You don't deserve praise for just being less s**t than you've been all season.

Last edited:
Pepe was brilliant. He was roasting that LB and once the team realised he had his measure they tried to get it to Pepe every chance they could.

I thought maybe Pepe was holding on to it too long for the goal, I thought he either had to commit to shoot or pass it to ODG earlier. It worked out thankfully. That quick deft touch from ODG was class.

Hopefully this gives the players true confidence. I don't think anyone would have thought we'd come back from that early goal to win - especially with a team that's fielding Cedric, Mari, Willian and a midfield of Xhaka and El Neny.

Pepe was brilliant. He was roasting that LB and once the team realised he had his measure they tried to get it to Pepe every chance they could.

I thought maybe Pepe was holding on to it too long for the goal, I thought he either had to commit to shoot or pass it to ODG earlier. It worked out thankfully. That quick deft touch from ODG was class.

Yes he absolutely gave their fullback a working over. Was fantastic to see, the confidence growing etc and time and again we went out on the right and Pepe was causing them all sorts of problems.

Really do hope he gets a run in the side now. He was also very good when switched over the left side last month, Saka can slot back onto the right next game.

Having watched their opening goal a few times now, it’s just a poor goal again to concede overall. The only excuse I can point to for Mari is that he’s perhaps cautious of Vardy over his shoulder and we’ve seen how many times Vardy scores against Arsenal.

Elneny though, surely had to do better. Tierney was committed high and Xhaka was not going to get there in time, Elneny really needed to cut off the run. Still an excellent finish, yes. However very largely preventable.

At the other end though, we sure as hell made up for it. Excellent win and I heard this morning that’s our first league away win against a side in the top 3 (at the time) since defeating City away in early 2015. The Coquelin game I call it. Wowsers.

Having watched their opening goal a few times now, it’s just a poor goal again to concede overall. The only excuse I can point to for Mari is that he’s perhaps cautious of Vardy over his shoulder and we’ve seen how many times Vardy scores against Arsenal.

Elneny though, surely had to do better. Tierney was committed high and Xhaka was not going to get there in time, Elneny really needed to cut off the run. Still an excellent finish, yes. However very largely preventable.

At the other end though, we sure as hell made up for it. Excellent win and I heard this morning that’s our first league away win against a side in the top 3 (at the time) since defeating City away in early 2015. The Coquelin game I call it. Wowsers.

Listening to the Arseblog podcast today, they seem to lay the blame on Elneny and Luiz. Their explanation was that Luiz was too far from Mari so Mari felt like he had to run with Vardy. Elneny simply should have cut the run rather than running into the box.

Listening to the Arseblog podcast today, they seem to lay the blame on Elneny and Luiz. Their explanation was that Luiz was too far from Mari so Mari felt like he had to run with Vardy. Elneny simply should have cut the run rather than running into the box.

Yes I tuned in as well, always a worthwhile listen. A good point they raised how wide the gap between Mari and Luiz was at the time of that turnover. Just too much space that was unoccupied, and we completely opened ourselves up to be exposed.

These early goals conceded of late, frustrating. I feel a big contributing factor is the ever changing pair of centre halves from match to match, which does take time for them to settle into the game in terms of positioning and communication etc.

Felt that elneny was most at fault for the goal, he just ran 10m off tielmans the whole way, Mari went to vardy to cut the pass off, elneny wasn’t really blocking a pass, he should have went to pressure tielemans, instead just ran 10m alongside doing nothing, basically gave him a clear route to goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back