Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds exciting

Arsenal have completed the signing of Anderlecht and Belgium youth midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga on a long-term contract.

The fee, although undisclosed, is believed to be around £17.2m.

Having joined Anderlecht at 15, Lokonga made his first-team debut in December 2017, and has gone on to make 78 appearances, scoring three goals.

"Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity," said Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta.

"He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons.

"We're confident Albert's ready for the next stage in his development and we're looking forward to welcoming a new member to our squad with his quality and presence."

Arsenal technical director Edu added: "There was a lot of interest in Albert and he was a big target for us.

"He will bring us strength in depth in the centre of midfield."

The midfielder, who will wear the number 23 and have Sambi on his shirt, has played seven times for Belgium Under-21's, scoring two goals.

bbc.com

The responsible thing to do really given the circumstances. That’d be hard for the many fans in the US who had booked tickets/travel etc.
Absolutely man! The USA may also be heading for another huge wave of Covid-19 and the club has a duty of care to it's players - well done Arsenal.

The reality is we’re not going to get all of the necessary business done in the remaining weeks of the window. Selling all of Xhaka, Nelson, Torreira, Bellerin, Willian, AMN, Runarsson, Willock, Lacazette etc.

Some pressing incomings too still needed. Partner for Partey number 1 priority. A creative midfielder. Back up keeper. Something is going to have to give.

Longer it goes on, and having missed on Buendia and seemingly Odegaard, maybe Willock stays? Although he’s much more suited to a 4-3-3.

The squad really needs reducing. Don’t need another repeat of last season.

You can certainly see there is a demographic we are targeting this window. Young players that Arteta wants to grow together. White, Lukonga and Taveres are evidence of this.

Ramsdale, Odegaard, Locatelli also fall into that category as potential targets as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fire sale at arsenal maybe.... Need to get the numbers etc down.

I forgot Nketiah as well, the list gets longer and longer. We struggle to get decent fees at the best of times, however this situation is exacerbated as every club knows the position we’re in.

And they’ll wait until very late in the window for when Arsenal is more likely to cave in for heavily discounted fees or more loan then option/obligations to buy type deals.

I forgot Nketiah as well, the list gets longer and longer. We struggle to get decent fees at the best of times, however this situation is exacerbated as every club knows the position we’re in.

And they’ll wait until very late in the window for when Arsenal is more likely to cave in for heavily discounted fees or more loan then option/obligations to buy type deals.
Exactly look how look Xhaka has dragged on for... Because they know we will crack and they will get him cheaper.

I am actually impressed it seems we have held out for Xhaka and Roma have come to the table with a bit more money.

The story about us rejected 12m for Nketiah from CP, if true, boggles the mind. I think over the next few weeks we will see a steady stream leave.

Our young english players have inherent value because of their homegrown status, I don't think we will struggle to move on Willock, Reiss Nelson, AMN and Nketiah if we get a decent offer.

The likes of Willian, Kolasinac, Lacazette, Runnerson, Torreria is where we will see some struggles to sell.

Exactly look how look Xhaka has dragged on for... Because they know we will crack and they will get him cheaper.

I think Arsenal will end up squeezing a bit extra out of Roma but will likely still won’t meet the €20m+ that he’s worth. The standoff will have to end soon surely. Xhaka would be due to report back to the club shortly and it would be a bit ridiculous for him to rejoin the squad and then pack up with his family to relocate to Rome a few days later.

We also will spend too much time chasing that Italian midfielder the doesn't want to come here, and we will then miss out on other quality options. You can bet on that too.

On a positive note, I'm really pleased that we've locked down ESR. I've been a big believer in him since day one.

ESR and Saka are the core of our future.

WTF is this Ramsdale nonsense.

If we sign Ramsdale and White for the reported fees then we will have spent over 80 million on two of our less pressing positional concerns.

Why have we not continued to pursue Onana?

Last edited:
WTF is this Ramsdale nonsense.

If we sign Ramsdale and White for the reported fees then we will have spent over 80 million on two of less pressing positions.

Why have we not continued to pursue Onana?

Really getting on my nerves these reports also.

Really getting on my nerves these reports also.

It’s coming from more and more reputable sources too, which is a bit alarming. Arsenal are definitely in for him. We’re not spending £30m on a back up keeper, that type of outlay surely means he’s going to be first choice either now or next season when Leno leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back