Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the same prior that they’d drop points. They lost to brentford earlier in the season but like Cryuff said, it’s probably due to post title winning attitudes.

Yes I had a strong sense that if they were to wobble, it’d be these final two away matches to end the season. Who knows what could’ve been. I doubt they drop 5 points if Arsenal had kept winning and were right on them - but we will never find out I guess and that’s the major regret.

So it ends up being 89 points for City to Arsenal’s 84. Over time I think that smaller differential will be looked at more favourably for Arsenal, compared to it blowing out to 10 points.

It was a hell of a ride though. So much joy watching the club this season. Every now and then the various videos of Nelson’s winner come up on my YouTube recommendations and I can’t resist. Gets me everytime.

Like the new home kit, better than this season, the other two not so much, the black kit one of the goats imo

Great season overall, depth got us in the end, we made it through the Jesus injury, the Saliba one killed us.

Would have like to have seen Nelson get more minutes, think there’s a player there.

Hopefully we land both rice and caicedo, tierney looks like he’s gone but honestly not that great of a blow, good player but injury prone and doesn’t fit arteta’s system

Backing them in to make the right signings as they have time and again lately, plan b’s working out aswell

12 points from our last 9 is bloody ordinary with a title up for grabs, but overall 84 points is our best since our 2004 title. Beating 83 we got in 2005 and 2008.

If someone said we'd finish 2nd 5 points behind the Champions in August i'd have been delighted.

Hopefully we kick on next season and continue to grow as a team.

Very proud of the team, if a little disappointed with our collapse towards the end. The club has made wonderful steps forward and needs to build on that strong foundation.

Need to nail some more depth signings. No doubt we need some high end ones, but we should be looking at players in the Trossard price bracket too across the pitch so we aren't left high and dry again.

Would love to see him flourish again at Arsenal. I do wonder though if this is perhaps a tactic to drive his price up - Arsenal have a long way to go to rebuild our reputation in the market so perhaps this kind of messaging is part of that.

24 points clear of totnum.
Marilyn Monroe Laughing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible end the season. We've had a late season collapse each year that Arteta has been in charge, and the year prior too with Emery. Safe to say that this needs to be addressed.

IMO the way we meekly whimpered to the finish line leaves a bit of a sour taste, despite finishing second being a good achievement in isolation. Hopefully we just learn from it.

Hopefully we can bring in Rice and Caceido to bolster the midfield with Xhaka departing.

I'd be happy to see Vieira go on loan or be sold, I don't think he will make it. But I'm desperate for us to keep ESR, who sounds like he is getting his body into great condition.

Last edited:
What do people know of our academy players? Primarily Norton-Cuffy, Cozier-Duberry and Walters? Do we need to cough up £20m for Right or Left backs? Cozier-Duberry is an attacking mid, I believe and both he and Walters have made the bench a few times this season. Norton-Cuffy had a great season with Coventry, just missing out on promotion to the PL.

There really isn't any reputable places to look at transfers these days is there..

Ornstein still the GOAT. Fabrizio is good, but posts the same thing about 7 times a day so you have to sift through it all to find stuff. Ornstein generally one and done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back