Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool have not finished top 2 consecutively since the 90s.

Van Dijk Smh GIF by BT Sport

Keep an eye on top talent Mychajlo Mudryk. Everton had €30m verbal proposal turned down by Shakhtar Donetsk last week. ⭐🇺🇦 #EFC

Arsenal have explored conditions of Mudryk deal few days ago — but just on player side. Many clubs want him, one to watch until the end. #AFC

From fabrizio

Yeah Liverpool got like 97 points and 99 points in back to back campaigns, they absolutely have come top 2 in consecutive seasons.

I'm not sold on Youri, been pretty ordinary since the 20/21 season.

Surely we were already recruiting a midfielder anyway

I didn’t get that sense, I was predicting it would be a winger to provide coverage for Saka now that Pepe has been loaned out.

This changes the dynamics though. Not sure the resources are there to do both a CM and winger.

Partey with a “thigh injury” troubles me - that could mean anything from a week to 2 months considering his record.

I didn’t get that sense, I was predicting it would be a winger to provide coverage for Saka now that Pepe has been loaned out.

This changes the dynamics though. Not sure the resources are there to do both a CM and winger.

Partey with a “thigh injury” troubles me - that could mean anything from a week to 2 months considering his record.
Could be right. Always felt we needed a midfielder first with Partey’s body unreliable and Elneny as back up. I guess Zinchenko but Tierney is probably even less reliable than Partey 🤦🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be right. Always felt we needed a midfielder first with Partey’s body unreliable and Elneny as back up. I guess Zinchenko but Tierney is probably even less reliable than Partey 🤦🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately the reality is you can only rely upon Partey and Tierney to play 20-25 league matches each. Zinchenko is an excellent option in CM however he’s currently injured (expected to feature against Villa mid week at least).

And then we’re one Tierney injury away from then having to choose who slots into LB out of Tomiyasu, Cedric, Xhaka etc.

Anyway, it’s not panic stations, interesting to see how it plays out. There’s Sambi still available. Things can happen very quickly especially at this stage of the window, if the right person is attainable of course.

Partey out for weeks.

Elneny injured.

Who'd have thought that we would need to sign a midfielder? It's not as if it's been a glaring issue for years now.

We have one good midfielder, and he's been an injury prone crock since signing for us. Xhaka is average and should be a squad option, and the rest are either painfully underwhelming (Elneny) or were clearly out of their depth (Sambi).

Is it arrogance on Edu/Arteta's part? Sheer negligence perhaps? Were they resting on their laurels? For all their great work over the last two main windows this has been an unforgivable error.

Whatever the reason it's absolutely ridiculous for us to be in this position. We just love to take half measures and shoot ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Partey has started 58% of games since joining us. After never missing games in Spain. We need to start force feeding our players PEDs, Essendon and Barca style.

But seriously, it's ridiculous to have an entire gameplan hinge on an injury prone 29 year old.

We need a replacement/upgrade and another CM to displace Xhaka.

Partey has started 58% of games since joining us. After never missing games in Spain. We need to start force feeding our players PEDs, Essendon and Barca style.

But seriously, it's ridiculous to have an entire gameplan hinge on an injury prone 29 year old.

We need a replacement/upgrade and another CM to displace Xhaka.

Barca players are on the dank juice?

[Romeo Agresti] In the last hours, Arsenal tried to hijack Paredes's move to Juventus but the player made up his mind to join the Italian side, key hours ahead.

They seems to have a lot of skinny little *ers if they have a weapon type helping them. I would have guessed Bayern or Milan

Nah I'm not referring to any muscle growth or big units, I'm referring to the durability of some of their players. It was amazing, playing 40 odd games a year for several years in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back