Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As daunting as that appears on paper, particularly 8-9 matches in April, this is exactly what the club has been aiming for in recent years.

Adidas Emirates Sobha Realty Visit Rwanda

ACADEMY

Welcome, Brayden!​

Arsenal Media16 Mar 2024Share
Brayden

We are delighted to announce that Wales Youth International Brayden Clarke has joined us.

16-year-old Brayden, who joins us as a first year scholar, has spent his early years with the academy at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The young central defender was a member of the Wales Under-17s squad which reached the European Championship Finals last May – the first Welsh men’s age-group side to reach a major finals since 1981.

New signing Brayden is expected to go straight into our Under-18s squad for our Premier League South match against Crystal Palace today (Saturday, March 16).

It’s an unusually long break now between matches for Arsenal, and then a match every 3-4 days in April. Even though it was 120 minutes plus penalties against Porto, still think it would’ve been ideal to play Chelsea this weekend.

But then again who knows. Arteta has given the players a few days off which would be welcomed by the players and families.

I don’t believe Tomiyasu or Partey etc are due to be on international duty. Most certainly going to need that squad of 16-17 players for that run in. At some point Timber is also going to be available it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The likelihood seems to increase every time he’s featured in the training videos, clips etc. Of course every precaution is being taken and Arteta understandably talks down the notion of him starting any time soon.

However when you look at that April schedule, just cannot expect White, Saliba etc to play every minute. If the game state allows, and his fitness allows, it’s not inconceivable that his reintegration comes by way of saying coming on after 75 minutes for one of the fullbacks.

He appears to be in full contact training and perhaps he is included briefly in whatever behind the scenes friendly match that is being organised during the international break.

Another key contract extension, very impressive work in the recent 12 months by Edu/Arteta/Richard Garlick to lock these deals away. From what I’ve read it’s a 2 year plus 1 for Tomiyasu, prudent move given his injury record.

Absolutely love it. He's the most versatile defender we have, being able to play any position* across the defence to a high standard. Being two-footed helps.

I think he will be pivotal in the run-in if he can remain fit. Such a boon to have a player that can play 3 different positions to the standard required.

* the deeper and overlapping FB, not the FB that tucks in. Meaning if we want that he should likely be paired with White, Zinchenko or Timber.

Sounds like it's precautionary.

Yes it seems that way. I also wonder if finally Arsenal are starting to show a bit of dark arts with international call ups etc especially this time of year. Some of the absentees are clear injuries, such as Martinelli, Tomiyasu etc.

However with one eye on that run in, starting with away to City next up, Arsenal are perhaps making some manoeuvres with the relevant associations to get ahead of this.

I remember just a few seasons ago, Tierney missed a few matches in the lead up to the break. But was called up anyway for Scotland, played 180 minutes across their two matches, returns to London and injured himself stepping out of the shower at home and he’s done for the season essentially. And Arsenal’s season too.

I believe now it’s essentially Odegaard, Rice, Kiwior, Jorginho, Saliba, Havertz and Zinchenko on national duty. Quite a strong core group of players have remained at the club.

With Timber on the verge of a return, are we actually at full availability for the last 10 games +CL? In all my time supporting this club, I don't ever recall having everyone fit and available at any stage of a season.

And Kyle Walker is possibly injured now...

With Timber on the verge of a return, are we actually at full availability for the last 10 games +CL? In all my time supporting this club, I don't ever recall having everyone fit and available at any stage of a season.

And Kyle Walker is possibly injured now...
Who plays RB for City if Walker is out. Rico Lewis?

I imagine Martinelli would be salivating at the chance of running at a player that inexperienced all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back