Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League: State of play as English top flight returns after World Cup​

Arsenal are out in front after a superb first 14 games of the campaign.

They have amassed 37 points, dropping them in just two fixtures so far - their only defeat coming at Manchester United in early September.

After their best Premier League start, this is the first time they will be top at Christmas since the 2007-08 season.

All seven teams to win 12 of their first 14 games have won the Premier League title.

Another good omen for the Gunners is the team that topped the table on Christmas Day have been champions in 10 of the past 13 seasons.

In their first game back they face West Ham at Emirates Stadium.

With second-placed Manchester City not playing until 28 December - at Leeds - victory would take the Gunners eight points clear of the champions.

bbc.com/sport

Keen as for the return of Arsenal tomorrow morning. I think I watched a total of 25-30 minutes of the World Cup. Very little interest this time around given the circumstances of the tournament. Having the PL resume overnight is very welcome.

Saliba only returned to London over the weekend so I’m guessing he will be eased back in. Am tipping Holding will start given how much he’s featured in the recent friendly/warm up matches. And with Nelson out as well, am guessing that means starting Saka and Martinelli. Zinchenko as well not fit supposedly (which is bit of a concerning trend).

An attempt at a predicted XI:

Ramsdale
White Holding Gabriel Tierney
Partey
Odegaard Xhaka
Saka Nketiah Martinelli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too early to start dreaming of an Eddie hat trick on Boxing Day? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back