Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Trossard has fitted in very well. Arsenal overall very impressive. Holding on a yellow v Haaland is an obvious danger now.

Glad Arteta continues to rotate. A lot of confidence to be gained from that first half considering how strong ManC team is. Not just in this game, but the two to come in the PL. Interesting to see if Holding is substituted. Need more from Viera. Does nice things, but doesn't get on the ball as much as Odegaard. It effects Saka as well.

A lot to like about that performance. Despite the loss there’s plenty to take from that. Whilst I don’t believe we have the squad depth to challenge on the league, Cup and EL front especially into March/April/May fixtures, clearly you can see they wanted to win that one and advance.

Glad Arteta leaned into his squad and got them involved. I thought Sambi was quite good in the second half, he’s struggled this season and no doubt is aware of all the calls for Arsenal to sign another midfielder.

Vieira had more time than he thought and didn’t need to volley that. Couple of other half chances here and there and overall can’t fault the result or the performance.

The away fans singing was all I could really hear in the closing minutes. Amazing the fan connection with the club that we’re now seeing.

The league is absolutely the priority now. We’re going to really trouble them at The Emirates in a few weeks time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot to like about that performance. Despite the loss there’s plenty to take from that. Whilst I don’t believe we have the squad depth to challenge on the league, Cup and EL front especially into March/April/May fixtures, clearly you can see they wanted to win that one and advance.

Glad Arteta leaned into his squad and got them involved. I thought Sambi was quite good in the second half, he’s struggled this season and no doubt is aware of all the calls for Arsenal to sign another midfielder.

Vieira had more time than he thought and didn’t need to volley that. Couple of other half chances here and there and overall can’t fault the result or the performance.

The away fans singing was all I could really hear in the closing minutes. Amazing the fan connection with the club that we’re now seeing.

The league is absolutely the priority now. We’re going to really trouble them at The Emirates in a few weeks time.
Yeah, agree. Lokonga on the ball was excellent, but his positional play defensively is still lacking. I feel that is something that'll come if he got more minutes. I wonder if Partey hurt a rib with a coming together with Gundogan. Hope not. Or it isn't too serious.

Could have been 2 up in the first half if Ortega wasn't on his game. Thought we controlled ManC well, and I especially liked our change in tempo once we went 1-0 down. Martinelli and Trossard fighting for that left wing position should propel both of them to new heights. Genuine competition for that spot now.

Only saw the first 60min an encouraging performance considering 6 changes against a pretty full strength MC team. We lose so much when Partey goes off. But I think we can get something off them in our league games. We just need to not lose both games.

In other huge news, Caicedo essentially hands in a transfer request.

The last time a player took to Instagram to signal their wish to join Arsenal, it didn’t end up so well haha. That’s an extraordinary statement to make though.

Whatever the price tag is, it’s just gone up a few notches with Elneny already injured and now Partey set for an MRI to assess the damage to his ribs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back